Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV or just stress? Please advise....
      #99589 - 06/07/04 12:29 PM

I've had no flu like symptoms at all, but just have a very mild rash on my lower legs that almost feels like slight sunburn or dry skin. I had a low risk encounter 2 months ago. Please advise. I'm not sure if stress can do this or what. Without the flu-like symptoms, am I probably okay? Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Chiquilla
Unregistered

Re: HIV or just stress? Please advise.... new
      #99602 - 06/07/04 02:11 PM

What was your risk? If it was oral sex, I do not recomment testing. If you had unprotected vaginal or anal, please do test.
I hope that helps!
:)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99603 - 06/07/04 02:14 PM

What's a low rish encounter? Look all you worried well folks. This virus is not a strong virus until it gets in you. It really isn't that easy to get. Don't get me wrong YOU DON"T WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE so be careful. Now, Oral sex is low risk, oral without ejaculation is very very low risk. Hetro sex in U.S. is low risk at the moment [although getting riskier] receptive anal sex without protection is high risk, insertive anal sex without protection is high risk. Sharing needles is high risk. Test in six or eight weeks if you must then 12weeks to set your mind at ease if you don't believe the six or eight week results. They will be NEG for 99.9% of you. Now go out and practice safe sex D.J.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99604 - 06/07/04 02:16 PM

My risk was getting a hand-job from someone with his sperm as the lubricant. There is a chance that some of it touched the tip of my penis. Even if it got inside it, there is still only a 1 in 100 chance right?

Dutchman
Unregistered

#99609 - 06/07/04 03:44 PM

Hello Anonymous,

Theoretically spoken, each contact with a HIV-containing flood with the others genitals is a risk for infection. Although, HIV is only proven to be transmitted in a few limited ways and using semen for a hand-job is (not yet) one of them. But we have to keep in mind also that not with each sexual encounter there is watching a scientist with us to calculate the risks and because of that it is not ruled out some people get infected this way.

So to get infected by using HIV-infected semen as lubricant will be unlikely and (much) smaller than 1:100, but not impossible. For other STD's you were for sure at risk and you should consider to have a general STD test for them.

In the case you decide to get a HIV test also (after the window period which maximally lasts 3 months and according to some countries/states in US 6 weeks with newer tests) you shouldn't have to freak out in the meantime, but can be quite confident in a good outcome.

Have you seen the opinion of Dr. Ryan's about this subject already, i found it with the search function for you:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q145998.html

Best regards,
Dutchman

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3