Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can I stop or should I test for HIV2?
      #99538 - 06/05/04 08:22 AM

It's me again. I'm the one with 10 seconds of oral exposure with Russian Stripper. I just received my negative result from Home Access at 15 weeks 2 days. This was my 3rd home access test. I've taken Home Access test at 9, 12, and now 15 weeks. I've also had negative PCR's at 10 and 28 days and third generation ELISA test at 7 weeks. I know I should be WHOOOO HOOOOOOing but I'm still have the following symptoms. Pain in lymph nodes under arms, groin, knees and elbows. I dont think there's any swelling just pain. Also, I often have pain that in just above my collar bones in the throat area but no sore throat. It raditates down to my left side into my arm and it's a painful in my bicep. I feel a hard node or lump in my bicep. I also have alot of stomach noises. I think the biggest problem is my wife's symptoms. I thought she might have been going through seroconversion this past week. She has had headaches, muscle pains, loss bowels, sore throat, sinus problems, and her stomach has been making alot of noises and that's been happening for awhile now. Arent these classic symptoms or ARS? I know I shouldnt focus on symptoms but it's hard not to when you see your loved ones with them. Could I be a late conversion person and should I consider testing for HIV2 because the lady was from Russia. Appreciate all replys and advice.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dutchman
Unregistered

Re: Can I stop or should I test for HIV2? new
      #99553 - 06/05/04 03:11 PM

Hello Anonymous,

I think i cannot add much to what i've said before. Just summarizing:

1 for HIV you had a NO-risk exposure;
2 your exorbitantly HIV testing is enough;
3 these both prove you are HIV negative;
4 and so your wive can impossibly have caught HIV from you. It's that way simple.

If the pain/bruising complaints do persist, become severe or just concern you a lot, i would check them out with your doctor again. But because you're so much focussed on your own body and are analysing everything, it would not amaze me if there would be nothing wrong with you (and your wife also.) In each case stop combining this (and eventually complaints in the future) with HIV, because it's ruled out. But if you are sure a final Elisa-test can stop you worrying, why not do this as soon as possible? The outcome is easy to predict.

Best regards,
Dutchman

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can I stop or should I test for HIV2? new
      #100130 - 06/18/04 10:04 PM

Why not test for HIV2? It's easy enough. And you can go to an anonymous test site. Simple blood test. go for it. why not?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1109

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3