Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

10 MONTHS AFTER POSSIBLE EXPOSURE
      #99392 - 05/31/04 04:55 AM

Small warts appearing on back of my hands/fingers. Sore gums with a white 'cracked' appearance, waking up with numb fingers, having a runny nose for an hour in the morning which then clears up???
Going to get tested but what are the chances? Please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 10 MONTHS AFTER POSSIBLE EXPOSURE new
      #99399 - 05/31/04 05:50 PM

i was just in the same position as you. chances are very rare. you didn't talk about your exposure but go get tested. why not? i did and got the same result i'm sure that you will. negative. go to a clinic that offers rapid testing and you'll know even sooner. plus those symptoms don't = HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99412 - 06/01/04 02:47 PM

Exposure was with vaginal penetration and broken condom. Also getting burning pains in my thigh muscles and random spots on iner thigh but couldn t call it rash. Very scared and getting panic attacks even though from what I have read I would be asymptomatic this far on.

Chiquilla
Unregistered

#99427 - 06/01/04 09:35 PM

Hey friend....take a deep breath and try and relax for 5 seconds...
Thinking that you may have been exposed to HIV is a very very scary thing, and it lends itself to much anxiety and mental instability (at least in my case it did!!). If you are ten months past exposure, you most definitly are not going through ARS...this would have happened 2-4 weeks post-exposure. Also, as mentioned in a previous post, symptoms mean absolutly NOTHING in regards to HIV.
Yes, you were at risk with this exposure. However, as a man engaging in unprotected vaginal sex, your risks are significantly lower than the woman in the situation. However, unprotected sex is not something to be taken lightly. You are right in going to get tested. Once you collect your negative results, you will feel MUCH better.
Don't worry. You will be fine. A one time exposure with someone of unknown status, and you as the male, I am sure you will come out just fine. There are all kinds of stats that people post (less than .1% chance of contracting the virus IF your partner was positive). However, the risk DOES exist. As a hetero man, you CAN get HIV from a woman. I say this only to make you remember to wrap it up always in the future and make sure that you know how to correctly use a condom (and that it fits correctly).
You'll be ok, friend. Your nerves are killing you...that's all. Make sure to come back and post your negative result for all the other worry warts! ok? I'll be thinking about you...I've gone through this as well, and I know that it's damn scary. I'm ok...and i'm a female that had engaged in unprotected sex with about 5 people of unknown status in my life before getting tested. I hope that makes you feel a bit better. From this we all learn to take care of ourselves and always always always use protection!!
;)
Chiquilla

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1913

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3