Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutely going iNsAnE!!!
      #99344 - 05/29/04 01:20 PM

I am a nervous wreck. I had protected sex with a girl 2 times and the condom didnt break. She gave me oral sex after intercourse (unprotected). I was worried about perhaps her sucking her vaginal fluids from around the bottom of my penis to my urethra during oral sex. I didn't give her oral sex.
She told me she was an ex-heroin user and the last time she did it was with her ex-boyfriend and they had unprotected sex. She tested NEG for HIV, Hep A,B,C about 7 weeks after this encounter. We went through it together.
But I have ARS like symptoms, aching glands in neck, arms, and groin. They stated after she told me about the heroin and lasted about 30 days now.
I talked to 2 doctors and about 5 counsellors and they tell me they don't even think I need to be tested... "insignificant risk"...
Why can't I just let this go? Give me some advice PlEaSe!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dutchman
Unregistered

Re: Absolutely going iNsAnE!!! new
      #99346 - 05/29/04 02:42 PM

Hello Anonymous,

Definately no need to freak out here, nor even a slight worry for you. Here you go:

Unprotected oral sex caries only a small risk for HIV in quite extreme situations. In the cases there is a risk, then the "giver" is at risk and not the "receiver." With other STD's it's different and because of them it would be wise to use a condom for that also with oral sex.

What about the protected vaginal intercourse. When condom stayed intact (you have not seen it broken or leaking) then there's no risk.

Last: HIV is only known to be transmitted in a few limited ways (read about the basics of HIV on this website.) Your own theory about that the girl would have transported the vaginal fluids from the base of your penis to the top of the penis is absurd.

Don't keep doubting if the girl is HIV-positive or not. Although chances are big she is not (according to her 7 weeks neg.), it doesn't make any difference for you because you took ZERO risk. Your complaints are definately not because of ARS. Actually i don't understand you are here. Why you don't believe all those counselers and doctors. I doubt you will believe us. Don't waste your time with worrying about this encounter any longer. Live life and enjoy.

Best regards,
Dutchman

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 678

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3