Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
justin1
New User

Reged: 05/27/04
my ex was having night sweats
      #99332 - 05/28/04 04:45 PM

I'm a bit worried. am bi sexual and had both a girlfreind and boyfriend at the same time. I had unprotected sex with both. I got tested every six months, the last being in Nov 03 and was neg. My ex had not been tested in years but always said he "thinks" he's neg. He looks healthy. We recently broke up, but a couple weeks before our split he began having night sweats pretty bad. I told him he needed to get tested and he rfused saying if he's positive the depression will cause his health to crash. He says he thinks he neg, at any rate. As I think about things I know he had a pretty wicked cough that seemed to last a while. Now I'm starting to wonder if he isn't postive and in fact knew he was and just didn't say anything. I was always the active (insertive) partner. My question is this: What is the progression of HIV. If in fact night sweats are indicative, in this case, of HIV what stage of the infection would he be in. If he's been HIV + for years could this be the beginning of symptoms. He will never take the test for fear of learning he's postive. Only a MAJOR illness will force him to deal with a HIV + status, if he is +. He still angages in unsafe sex. He's tall, blond, handsome and has the ability to infect a lot of people if he's positive. I'm worried for myself, him and others. So what about these night seats?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Veteran

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: my ex was having night sweats new
      #99342 - 05/29/04 10:03 AM

Night sweats can be attributed to many things other than HIV also. Maybe he needs to go to a doctor. The doctor will run some tests and also test for HIV (they can do that now without telling you if they are running tests for questionable illnesses).

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: my ex was having night sweats new
      #99345 - 05/29/04 02:06 PM

Thanks for the response, but I'm a bit frustrated because I never seem to get a straight answer regarding the night sweats. I except and understand that many other problems other than HIV can cause night sweats, but let's assum for a moment that in fact he is HIV positive. My question is this: At what stage do night sweats begin, early infection, middle, end? If it's the symptomatic stage, what symptoms would/can come next and how long after the night sweats. My ex-will never see a Dr. for the night sweats. The only thing that will get him to a Dr is a severe illness where he will tested by the hospital. It's sad but I know him well. I do hope he is not HIV postive....but I truely think he is. I hope I am not! I will et tested next week.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1369

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3