Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scared Beyond Belief Part II
      #9910 - 09/21/00 08:44 PM

I've posted before but I'll give background info:
Two weeks ago, I had a drunken encouter with a transexual prostitute. Obviously the most idiotic, self centered disgusting thing I have ever done. (I have a girlfriend). I performed oral sex on "her" with and without a condom. I wasn't aroused, so she suggested anal. She inserted "her" penis in me, actually tried to work it in but only got in up to the head. I stopped this and that was my night. She did not ejaculate in my anus, she did not ejaculate in my mouth. I did not see any precum coming from her penis but that means very little. When I woke the next morning I was sore all over. My muscles ached and I had some nausea. I was terrified and overwhelmed with guilt and hate for myself. I called the prostitute and asked her if she gets tested and of course she says yes and that what we did was totally safe. However I know it's not at all. I felt lousy the that Thursday and Friday. Somewhat nauseous, little appetite, tired and achy. I felt somewhat better on Saturday and Sunday. Monday I woke up with a tightness and tenderness in my neck, most definitely swollen lymph glands. As this week has progressed, so have the swollen lymph glands spread. I feel somewhat tender in the groin lymph nodes and behind the knee. My neck has not gotten any better over two weeks later. Yesterday my scalp started feeling weird, alot of heat and crawling sensation. I know we have lymph glands in our scalp. My appetite has returned, but my neck is the same, I feel pinching in my left armpit. I believe I have HIV. I can't think of anything else it could be, I've looked swollen glands a million times on the web. I appreciate the replys to my earlier post and I'm glad there is a forum like this. I don't think I have much of a chance since I meet all the symptoms. I'm just waiting for the rash, fever, etc. I'm losing my mind over this and wish everyone else good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Scared Beyond Belief Part II new
      #9925 - 09/22/00 06:52 AM

Hey, mistake is a mistake. Like mine too, it can be returned. It is not like act in a movie you know. Face it. The sypmtoms of hiv won't show that fast. In the meantime, stop sex with anyone, wait till 6 weeks and get a 1 st test, than 3 months the second, if you are still not unsure then take the 3rd test at 6 months. After all you are free....!!!! I have gone through the same thing, not the same sex act, but the same waiting period not up to 6 months yet. People in many other country consider 3 months is conclusive but I guess it all because of my own character and consider 6 months to be final. OK it is up to you to decide. I know to say is easy. Calm and regulate yourself and enjoy every moment NOW. Start to plan after you get the result. It will not do you any good to worry and crying now. Can't sleep, get some help from doctor or call your local Aids hotline and find help.
Need to talk, post some mail, there are people here to help and share!!

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: Scared Beyond Belief Part II new
      #9940 - 09/22/00 10:45 AM

First of all - hiv IS NOT creating your symptoms. The first step to feeling better is to not look at ARS symptoms and try to fit yourself into the mold.

Second, you would not have gotten symptoms so quickly if it is hiv. 3-6 weeks is the "average" incubation time for ARS symptoms, not the next day.

Third, what you were feeling the day after and the rest of the weekend were guilt and anxiety, combined with a hangover and probably fighting whatever virus your girlfriend had. You need to take comfort in what is obvious to those of us that are "out of the woods" so to speak. We have all been down the road that you are poised to send yourself down....learn from us!

THERE IS NO STD THAT INCUBATES OVER NIGHT!!!! None of them!!!! Accept that fact as your single largest comfort.

Now, I do suggest a full STD workup probably at like 3-4 weeks (most STDs would show up by then... probably the symptoms of herpes, syphilis, or gonorrhea would show up and you would know before you got the test). Get an hiv test at 12 weeks for peace of mind. You WILL be negative, but you will know for sure.

Now, learn from your feelings. Think with the head that is on top of your body from now on, and if drinking causes you to think with the smaller head, I'd take up water or ginger ale!

Good luck to you and count on us for support as needed.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1185

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3