Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

recurrent yeast infections
      #99093 - 05/24/04 06:07 PM

I have a question for you all. I tested negative 9 weeks and then 3 a half months after my exposure. I know that this is considered to be conclusive. I have had yeast infections in the past, and I know that I am very prone to getting them. However, I have had 3 yeast infections in the past 2 months (I was an antibiotics twice, which I know can cause yeast infections)... I don't want to waste money and go get another HIV test, so I am planning on making a donation instead to help someone else. Yet, I have this nagging fear that these yeast infections could be a symptom of HIV. My exposure was one time unprotected sex with someone of unknown status in early January. I want to know if recurrent yeast infections are a late symptoms of HIV (once the immune system is compromised) or if this is something that could be happening 5 months after contracting HIV. Sorry to be a relapsed WW! It's quite embarassing, actually...Just a bit of wisdom from someone who knows more than me would help me quite a bit to stop this stupid worry-fest.
Thank you!

WW who fell off the wagon.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2431

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3