Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Waiting On Home Access Results Need Encouragement
      #98623 - 05/11/04 10:50 PM

Hi everyone. 8 weeks ago I had a low risk encounter - I was fingered by another guy (i'm gay). My main concern is that there may have been precum on his finger because he was jacking off before - but I'm not sure about this. I know he licked his finger before, and intermidently while fingering me (so maybe this took off any precum?) and I know he jacked off about two hours earlier, so maybe this reduced the possibility of him precumming in the first place? Sorry this is so graphic!

Anyway, I sent in my Home Access test yesterday at the 8 week mark. I know 13 weeks is considered conclusive by the CDC, but it seems like a growing number of people online, and in Masachusettes apparently, think that 6-8 weeks tests are PRETTY reliable. I called Home Access and the guy there told me 8 weeks if fairly reliable because the average person serconverts after 28 days, and this is twice that. Anyway - my question is: if my test comes back negative, and with such a low risk exposure, can I feel confident that I'm HIV negative? I also realize Home Access uses ELISA 1st generation - but I think Massachusettes still uses the 6 week mark for these tests. Any other info or encouragement would REALLY be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Waiting On Home Access Results Need Encouragement new
      #98625 - 05/11/04 11:43 PM

I would dream to have your RISK.

If you want to trade let me know. Just kidding.

Anyway, there is a THEORETICAL chance of this happening. Which means no way in HELL.

When you receive you NEG. Let us know and there will be no need for further testing.

And enjoy a finger up you ass. I've tried it and it's FUN.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Waiting On Home Access Results Need Encouragement new
      #98956 - 05/20/04 02:01 AM

I received unprotected oral sex and fingered a girl. I went and got tested (home access test) at 4 or 5 weeks. My result was negative. She got tested 3 or 4 weeks later and her result was negative.

Do I still have a chance of being inffected?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1084

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3