Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mag
Unregistered

Please help - Minimal Risk but major symptoms
      #97179 - 05/01/04 07:07 PM

Here is the story:

I was getting a lapdance and the dancer slid her hand down my pants. Her hand was wet with something (spit or vaginal fluids I guess). Anyway, I pushed her off me, she yelled, and the bouncer threw me out. I drove home about twenty minutes. When I got home and changed I noticed that there was dried fluid on my penis. Cleaned it off. Two days later I developed a urinary tract infection. Urologist said not likely you can have anything else don't worry about it.

Week two:
Felt chills and kind of hot most of the time. Went to primary doc. Ran regular blood work - normal. Doc said no risk.

Week three:
Not appetite, chills, aches - Primary doc ran all kinds of blood work. - All normal. Also develop eye infection which I still have.

Week four:
Doc agreed to do 25 day HIV, Syphlis, Gonorea, and Chlamydia - All negative. Told me to move on and forget about it.

Week five:
Felt real hot all of the time, though no fever. Also felt tingling/burning in the back of my neck and upper back for two days.
Occasional muscules burning in left arm. Doc says relax and stop stressing over nothing.

Week six:
Doc prescribes Paxil for anxiety. - Refers me to cardiologist - Cardio says everything ok.
I develop night sweats, insomnia some nights, other days tired all the time, numbness in arms and neck when awakeing. One morning I wake up with numbness and tingling in head and neck. Also pupils start dialating differently, not like one is always bigger tham the other, they take turns and it is usually in dim light. Go to Emergency Room - They do cat scan - normal. Blood work normal. Althought WBC is up from 6000 to 10500 since week three and Neutrophils are up from 65% to 81%. After ER visit I go back to Primary doc. She changes me from regular Paxil to Paxil CR. Says it might have been hitting me to hard. Also prescribes Xanax to help sleep better. I got occasional facial numbness upon awakeing in the morning as well as numb arms. Only time I get the numbness is in the morning upon awakeing - usually clears up in 10-15 minutes. Opthamologist says eyes are fine. Although every morning they are extra bloody.
I call the primary doc and she refers me to a psychiatrist.

Week seven:
This week, going nuts. My wife is pregnant and these docs are telling me to stop worrying. Like they wouldn't be worried.

Week Eight:
Resurfacing pins and needles in face and arms, tired alot again. Going in on monday for 7.5 week testing. Apparently, blood work is still wacked and cpk is elevated.

The blood work from days 18, 24, and 39 as well as two months prior is as follows:

Day -60 - WBC 6,800; Lymphocytes 1,850; Neutrophils 4,300
Day 18 - WBC 6,800; Lymphocytes 1,500; Neutrophils 4,889
Day 24 - WBC 10,000; Lymphocytes 1,500; Neutrophils 7,480 "Band 990"; and large platelets seen
Day 29 - WBC 10,500; Lymphocytes 1,500; Neutrophils 8,611

I know my risk is minimal from such a small amount of fluid but the CDC hotline tells me either "it is theoratically possible"; "no risk"; "low risk"; or you should be tested at three and six months. I don't have six months my wife is due in two months, and no one will tell me what to do. If I have HIV and my wife does we need to treat her to save the baby.

Never had a real fever, no nausea, no diarhea, no lymphnode swelling etc.. Mainly just the tingling, numbness, burning as explained above.

All of these symptoms seem rare this early but I don't know what to think.

So:

A) If anyone has any ideas of what to do please tell me before I waste money on a psychiatrist.
B) Do these symptoms (numbness, tingling, burning) sound like stress?
C) Any thoughts on the WBC going up along with the neutrophils? CPK ?
D) Does this neuropathy kind of stuff come and go or would it be there all of the time.
E) Any other comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help and support.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Please help - Minimal Risk but major symptoms new
      #97216 - 05/02/04 10:07 AM

Maybe you should learn how HIV is contracted.
You had a HO RISK exposure; you do not contract HIV that way.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Please help - Minimal Risk but major symptoms new
      #97327 - 05/03/04 12:54 PM

Even though Gman is probably right your mind will not be at ease until you do the following: Get a combination PCR DNA test along with an ultrasensitive RNA viral load test. Be aware of the potential for false positives but if both of these tests are non-detectable at this time you should have very little concern. Get the Elisa at 3 months and move on with your life. And stay out of strip clubs in the future!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1684

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3