Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do not look at symtoms!
      #96574 - 04/26/04 07:29 PM

I would like to caution some of you not to think that symptoms that are simular to those of ARS are ARS. I work with West Nile Virus and there are two types of illness that are connected with this Virus, One West Nile fever prsents with the same symptoms as HIV ARS ( fever rash aches and so on) My point is do not try to diognose yourself, there are many things that can cause those symtoms including stress. If you feel there is a chance you have been at risk of HIV infection get tested at the recomended time and take piece of mind in the results. If symptoms persist see a Dr. and be evaluated but DO NOT TRY TO DIAGNOSE YOURSELF it will only cause you more grief and stress. I know I've put myself through this a few time and will have my thirteen week test next week. Use protection stay safe and live life

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Do not look at symtoms! new
      #96686 - 04/27/04 04:05 AM

Doctors always look for symptoms

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Do not look at symtoms! new
      #96703 - 04/27/04 05:18 PM

I just want to say that I agree with what Anonymous #1 said...don't base anything on supposed symptoms. I have been a silent observer to this page and aidsmeds.com for the last month...as I was worried about a possible hiv infection. i had every symptom in the book. I ruined my life for quite a long time and worried myself sick, and for what? A BIG FAT NEGATIVE!! So, even if you are really scare and VERY sure that you have contracted HIV...and you are waiting out that 13 week window period, remember that worrying won't do a thing. Life is a beautiful thing and we are supposed to live it and enjoy it while we're here. And, even if your worst fear comes true, things will still be fine in the end. HIV isn't a death sentance. And when you get your negative (which 99.999999% of the time you WILL!!!), remember to party your ass off (safely), and not to take risks, damn it! ;) Thanks to every one of the experts on this forum that helped another anonymous girl maintain her sanity through a very difficult time. This whole thing has created a deep personal commitment to HIV prevention and activism. Don't worry all you WWs, because I was the worst WW in the world with every "symptom" in the books and I am A-OK!! Much love to all!
Your friend.
La Mariposita

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1566

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3