Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

In MIddle of PEP
      #95823 - 04/16/04 10:53 PM

I am on the fourth day of a 28 day PEP program after a risky exposure with a confirmed HIV+ MSM. As of yet I have not experienced any real side effects of the meds, but my doctor told me that I definitely will. Has anyone else gone through PEP or is in the middle of it?

Please pray for me, send me some good karma, give me some hope...I will be doing the same for all of you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: In MIddle of PEP new
      #96015 - 04/19/04 01:03 PM

I did the PEP thing in the Spring of 2002. I was taking AZT, Fortovase, and 3TC. The Fortovase really upset my stomach and I had some really vivid dreams during that time.

I tested negative at 3 months, and then 6 months, and then a year. My best advice is to get plenty of rest, take your meds on time, drink LOTS of water (no alcohol), and relax. I know it is easier said than done but if you started within the 72 hour window you will most likely be fine. Check out the study at The University of California at San Fran. Not one person tested positive that started within 72 hours.

Best wishes!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: In MIddle of PEP new
      #96016 - 04/19/04 01:40 PM

Thanks for the support. One more question for you. I have read two different responses regarding PEP and its effect on the HIV antibody window period. Dr. Bob here at the body indicates that PEP would have no effect on the standard window period numbers (ie. 50% by day 25/virtually all by 12 weeks). But Dr. Gallant at the Johns-Hopkins website states that the PEP would push back the window. What did your doc tell you? Thanks.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1033

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3