Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

asymptomatic/other stds
      #9560 - 09/13/00 06:39 AM

The word means we got or infected with it without symptoms. It sounds very unreasonable to me. If you carry it and your body cannot resist it then you are infected. The symptoms should appear because you can't fight over it. Does anybody understand this term. It is very confused. Understand a lot of people here have a lot of knowledge so I guess it is appropriate to raise the problem and re-solve some concern of freinds in the board since we all may face other risk of stds.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Theroy new
      #9565 - 09/13/00 12:26 PM

I actually think that most people who think they are asymtomatic do actually have a flu-like illness right after they are exposed, yet do not realize, and don't even think about the possibility of HIV. Fast forward to 5 years down the road and they suddenly discover they have the virus, ofcourse they're not going to remember whether they had a fever or not. Honestly, if you ask me right now I won't be able to tell you if I had a fever 2 years ago, not to mention 5! Well, that's what I think...feel free to chime in.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My Theroy new
      #9573 - 09/13/00 06:12 PM

I agree with you and also with the fact that the ars flu is one of those flus that knocked you out hard, one that makes you stay on bed without moving and with terrible headache more than 3 or 4 weeks. Right? Not the simple common cold that is unconfortable but manageable and you can still doing your things. Do you agree with me too?

Anonymous
Unregistered

conversion sickness new
      #9864 - 09/21/00 09:13 AM

I have a serious concern about HIV but nobody can help me. Maybe there is someone out there how can give be information.
I received oral sex without a condom from a professional women. Five weeks after the incedence I had the flu for five days. Only high fever, no swallon glands or anything.
All people tell me that receiving oral sex does not transmit HIV.
Any information out there! Thanks!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1553

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3