Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

tongue?
      #9551 - 09/13/00 03:04 AM

When the CDC posts that white patches on the tongue are a sign of HIV infection, do they mean thrush? And does anyone know whether a slightly bleeding tongue (in one spot) is a sign of anything? has anyone encountered this before? I'm worried as hell!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: tongue? new
      #9552 - 09/13/00 03:30 AM

Hey. I posted this a while back. Check it out.

http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=9086&page=11&view=expanded&sb=5

Just copy and paste. This should help you with info on oral thrush.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9566 - 09/13/00 12:36 PM

Thank you for the post. After reading I'm pretty sure it's not thrush because I'm not even past my window period yet and thrush is an advanced sign of HIV; also the part that was bleeding was not a sore, it seemed to be a tiny crack. This morning when I checked again it was ok, and the white ring-like patches on the side of my tongue had started to fade. If this were anything serious it probably would not last only a day right?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9570 - 09/13/00 03:31 PM

Bro......your tongue is fine. Stop reading info of HIV symptoms on the net.....otherwise you'll find something else to worry about. BELIEVE ME! May I ask why are you assuming the worst?

please try to remain calm......
CR

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9574 - 09/13/00 06:17 PM

Well CR, I had an encounter with a prostitute 9 1/2 weeks ago. It was protected until the condom broke so I was exposed for less that a minute or so. The first week I was totally devastated, but after that I was more calm and convinced myself I was okay. I talked to a few counselors and they said I was low risk and that my chances were as good as winning the lottery. So I was fine for about a month or so. I was actually pre-occupied with work, friends, family for most of the time so HIV didn't cross my mind for a while. As soon as I came back to the US to start school though things changed. I guess partly due to boredom and lonliness I started looking through the net a lot more and guess I reignited the fear inside of me. Lost my appetite, started seeing white spots on my tongue that lasted for a day, periods of nausea, tingling in groin, neck, all after the 7 1/2 week mark. I never had fever, diarhea, nothing swollen but the other stuff already had me bugging out. You see, I come from a tight knit family, and I realize that if something happens to me it's probably going to tear my family apart. It's not me I'm worried about, as much as what this could do to my family. Guilt is just eating away inside me... My dad is going somewhere overseas tomorrow as well so that leaves me all alone for about 10 days...it just gets worse.

I've read your situation and as you can see I understand what you're going through. But I believe you're going to be fine, so hang in there and tell me about the good news on friday!

KB

Anonymous
Unregistered

KB...... I hear ya! new
      #9587 - 09/13/00 08:43 PM

Hey KB...the net can really scare the hell out of you when you read about illness....especially HIV! Look....you know that your symptoms are all stress related. You didn't have these symptoms when you were pre-occupied with your work....right???? Then you begin to wonder and explore and that can just eat away you. Look at the previous posts...........almost everybody who feared of having HIV had all your symptoms and then some as well! I too have had tingling in groin, neck pains, white tongue(which I probably had all my life). Do yourself a favor..........stop doing your HIV research on the net!!! I know you have some time to wait my friend before you get tested and this is not easy for anybody. If you must speak to a counselor and I recommend the GMHC hotline 1 800 AIDSNYC. There are very nice, caring and sensative counselors who understand what you're going through. Also check back here.....we're here to support you as well! We WILL get through this my friend.
BTW I come from a tight knit family as well....I understand your fear. I also have a girlfriend for a year and a half.

Lord......please have mercy on me!!!!!!!

KB....I know it is easier said than done(believe me I get my result on Fri)....try to remain calm and realize that the odds are WAY in your favor! You'll be fine!

CR

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2600

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3