Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
BigMistake
Fanatic

Reged: 08/14/00
Test results are back
      #9478 - 09/11/00 10:12 AM

Hi you all.

My std spectrum test of last week is negative for everything! I'm so happy! But which ones should I still worry about? (I'm at 5 weeks). They didn't even check for HIV, they say my risk was too low. Strange, hey? It's at an anonymous and free clinic, so they probably won't help too much. I'm worried again...

BM

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Test results are back new
      #9480 - 09/11/00 10:21 AM

Congrats!!! Now get on with your life and stop worrying! You're NEGATIVE! What STD's are you worried about that you still may have? Stop doing this to yourself and move on!

Good luck...relax and congrats!
CR

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9481 - 09/11/00 10:46 AM

BM, now you should stop worrying for now. Practise safe sex. In 12 weeks time, all stds symptoms and test should accurate. 5 weeks is, yes, a bit early but it act as a baseline. Go back at 12 weeks and test together with HIV for peace of mind. Again, if you have NO noticeable symptoms, chances are you either you don't have it OR you have overcome them by your own immune system. This is the explaination from my doctor. Take it step by step but try not to worry. I have gone through this too, keep calm, worry will lower with immune power. Since your exposure risk is low, why don't you just listen to your doctor?? Even it is a free clinic, doctor will still follow straight guideline, right?
J

BigMistake
Fanatic

Reged: 08/14/00
      #9511 - 09/12/00 01:21 AM

Hi CR

I guess I'm still worrying about herpes because of its long window and of course, HIV. Can't stop worrying, I don't know why. My guilt says to me: Hey, you deserve to get some STDs because you must be punished. I can't believe I have nothing, it's so unreal. I MUST have something, I MUST be punished.

This is my feelings most of the time. Sometimes its better and I can actually forgive myself and accept I have no diseases. But it comes and goes. I relive it all in circles, because at other times I feel as I said above.

BM

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1132

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3