Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Croh's & HIV association???
      #94706 - 04/08/04 04:21 PM

I have had so many symptoms it scares me, I have just been diagnosed with Crohn's. My question is can HIV antibody testing be affected from already having Crohn's Disease?
I have a 95 day negative HIV test, but have read that HIV detection may be delayed due to Crohn's??? Anybody have any input? Switch you are a wealth of knowledge what is your take on the subject? Do I need to test out to 1 year now?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: Croh's & HIV association??? new
      #94795 - 04/09/04 08:33 AM

Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract (GI). Where did you read that it would interfere with seroconversion? Only people with weakened immune systems (IV drug users, cancer patients, organ donor recipients) should be concerned with testing beyond the three month mark.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#94801 - 04/09/04 11:41 AM

Switch...I have read it at the most reliable of sources (the Internet) LOL! I really want to just focus on my disease (Crohn's) and not continue to be scared and stressed about HIV, which further causes problems with Crohn's. I in no way should be worried that my 95 day test was false negative because of Crohn's? Ryan Kull said you might get an indeterminite result why would that happen? I am just curious that if he suggested that result maybe I was too soon and Crohn's played a part, no? It has been a very difficult time. I have had some problems I really thought was HIV, the timing was just crazy, I knew something was wrong Dr continued to dismiss me as stressed and told me to relax. I was examined and DX with Crohn's on Wed Apr 7. I really want to and need to move on and deal with my disease but struggle in fear of something bigger like HIV. Am I being paranoid? My exposure was male insertive to F Vaginally. My nodes in neck and groin are still painful. I am obviously new to Crohn's and was not on any immune suppressants when I took my elisa test. Can the inflammation in the GI tract be caused by HIV?
There was some inconsistencies in my WBC do you know what your WBC does in the 3 stages of HIV? Thank you switch, you continue to rock the world by helping so many of us feel good again.

Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
      #94868 - 04/10/04 12:01 AM

You didn't get an indeterminate result, you got a negative result. Considering how difficult it is for HIV transmission to occur from a one-time insertive vaginal sex exposure and the fact that you tested negative out of the window period, I would say you're fine. If you want to follow up at the six-month mark, go for it. But don't give HIV any more thought until then, I see no need to. The follow up would simply be for peace of mind.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1731

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3