Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
PleaseHelp
Unregistered

HIV from being Tweezed at a salon?
      #94594 - 04/07/04 09:23 AM

Last week, I had my eyebrows waxed and tweezed at a salon. Im not sure if the woman used a sterile tweezer on me or if I bled, I think I might have bled because I have sensitive skin. I remember that she called me in right after another woman walked out so Im not sure if she had time to sterilize or use another tweezer.

8 days later, I came down with a sore throat and a fever..the fever lasted a few hours but my throat still hurts alittle 2 days later. I didnt develop typical cold/flu symptoms like a stuffy nose or cough. Im wondering if this is ARS. I Know I sound really paranoid but Im kinda scared about all this because I rarely ever get sick and when I do..It is always a cold or typical flu...this seems odd.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: HIV from being Tweezed at a salon? new
      #94595 - 04/07/04 09:33 AM

HIV is spread in one of the following three ways:

1.) Unprotected receptive/insertive anal/vaginal sex and (rarely) receptive oral sex

2.) Blood to blood contact via needlestick exposure

3.) Mother to infant

What happened to you at the salon is not a risk for HIV unless the person before you was HIV+, bled all over the tweezers, and the woman immediately stabbed you with the bloody tweezers. Then, and only then, would you (in theory) be at risk for transmission. If that did not happen, and if you are still concerned over your sore throat, check with your doctor-but just know that it is not HIV-related.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4358

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3