Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV fear induced coma!
      #94448 - 04/05/04 06:10 PM

I have had 2 unprotected insertive vaginal sex possible exposures and a host of symptoms ever since. I need some real advice, my Dr. here in small town Canada is brutal. He tells me to test every month for 11 months??. I tested once and am consumed with fear. I cannot be the father I was, because when I look at my baby I fear I am infected and will not be there for her.
I had unprotected sex with a girl of unknown status on Nov 26.Dec 3, I got a bad chest infection and strep throat, fever, and was sick for 2 weeks, Dr also thought I had pneumonia (sp). Everything seemed okay, I never even concerned myself with HIV. (So ignorant of me). I have unprotected sex with a different girl of unknown status January 3, then 5 days later I have mild flu like symptoms, aching muscles, sore neck and sore nodes in my groin. Frequent soft stools, with occasional diahrea. Upset stomach, no appetite and lose 10 lbs. I start learning about STD's and scour the web, get freaked out and contact her she says she is fine other than a yeast infection! I freak even more. I can't handle it anymore I test at 8 weeks, it comes back negitive for HIV, Hep B,C and Syphilis. Sso that would be 96 days from my Nov incident and 58 days from the Jan time. Encouraging right? While I am waiting for my results I start having night sweats, more pain in my nodes, both neck and groin. Headaches that last 3 days and numb hands that wake me up, if I am lucky enough to actually get sleep at all. And then I get a rash on my chest, the rash started around Mar 1, it is still there in part today, some of the spots got whiteheads and some don't. I ask my Dr. for advice and he says it could be HIV but no way of knowing unless I test again and tells me to test every month until September. 11 Months from my first possible exposure. This has crippled me, I notice blood in my stool, Dr. orders a CBC which reveals a high white blood count. 11.4 and my Lymphocites were high 3.47 and Monocytes up at 1.1. I know the high counts reveal a Viral infection so now I fear I am late converting and the count is high as my body fights back. I am scared to death to test again. I feel I have it now forsure and have panic attacks. I don't know what I am looking for from here but I am feeling very suicidle and cannot face my family without crying. I live in a small town in Canada that would not accept this or me if I am +. Sorry for the long story. One minute I think okay 96 days no way, then I get scared about the 58 day exposure and I lose it.
Am I WW or am I scared for a good reason?
P.S. so many of you are extremely brave and show tremendous compassion for mankind. I wish I could be as strong.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: HIV fear induced coma! new
      #94503 - 04/06/04 07:45 AM

The first thing you need to do is try to relax. You are making yourself crazy. So you made a mistake, we all do. It's what makes us human. The important thing is to learn from them and move on.

Your doctor has some bizarre information on HIV testing. I would suggest pointing him to sites such as the body to get some updates. I have never heard of a 11 month window period. Your 96 day negative clears all past exposures with the exception of your January episode. The CDC's approved window period is three months, that is what you should follow. Any HIV expert will tell you that.

Your 8 week negative is a very good indicator of what your 13 week result will be. 95% of people who are going to seroconvert do so by week 6. Take another test at 13 weeks, collect what I'm sure will be a negative result, and then move past all of this. I would also suggest finding a new doctor, but that's up to you.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV fear induced coma! new
      #181378 - 03/21/06 08:53 AM

[quote]I have had 2 unprotected insertive vaginal sex possible exposures and a host of symptoms ever since. I need some real advice, my Dr. here in small town Canada is brutal. He tells me to test every month for 11 months??. I tested once and am consumed with fear. I cannot be the father I was, because when I look at my baby I fear I am infected and will not be there for her.
I had unprotected sex with a girl of unknown status on Nov 26.Dec 3, I got a bad chest infection and strep throat, fever, and was sick for 2 weeks, Dr also thought I had pneumonia (sp). Everything seemed okay, I never even concerned myself with HIV. (So ignorant of me). I have unprotected sex with a different girl of unknown status January 3, then 5 days later I have mild flu like symptoms, aching muscles, sore neck and sore nodes in my groin. Frequent soft stools, with occasional diahrea. Upset stomach, no appetite and lose 10 lbs. I start learning about STD's and scour the web, get freaked out and contact her she says she is fine other than a yeast infection! I freak even more. I can't handle it anymore I test at 8 weeks, it comes back negitive for HIV, Hep B,C and Syphilis. Sso that would be 96 days from my Nov incident and 58 days from the Jan time. Encouraging right? While I am waiting for my results I start having night sweats, more pain in my nodes, both neck and groin. Headaches that last 3 days and numb hands that wake me up, if I am lucky enough to actually get sleep at all. And then I get a rash on my chest, the rash started around Mar 1, it is still there in part today, some of the spots got whiteheads and some don't. I ask my Dr. for advice and he says it could be HIV but no way of knowing unless I test again and tells me to test every month until September. 11 Months from my first possible exposure. This has crippled me, I notice blood in my stool, Dr. orders a CBC which reveals a high white blood count. 11.4 and my Lymphocites were high 3.47 and Monocytes up at 1.1. I know the high counts reveal a Viral infection so now I fear I am late converting and the count is high as my body fights back. I am scared to death to test again. I feel I have it now forsure and have panic attacks. I don't know what I am looking for from here but I am feeling very suicidle and cannot face my family without crying. I live in a small town in Canada that would not accept this or me if I am +. Sorry for the long story. One minute I think okay 96 days no way, then I get scared about the 58 day exposure and I lose it.
Am I WW or am I scared for a good reason?
P.S. so many of you are extremely brave and show tremendous compassion for mankind. I wish I could be as strong. [/quote]

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2263

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3