Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

No antibodies
      #94297 - 04/03/04 07:38 PM

I have read that on occasion people with advaning HIV or aids sometimes actually stop producing HIV antibodies so that standard tests will not pick them up. Can some one comment on how likely a factor this is? I do not mean to cause trouble by this post but would like to get comments. This is not a question about the window period which is accepted at 3-6 months. I am talking about someone who may have been HIV + and did not know it but when symtoms showed up years later no antibodies were being made!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: No antibodies new
      #94303 - 04/03/04 10:55 PM

The person would need to be a late-stage AIDS patient to stop producing antibodies.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No antibodies new
      #94374 - 04/04/04 10:46 PM

Like SWITCH said

That only occurs in the late stage of AIDS.

And if you were in the later stages of AIDS you would know. Because if you can't produce ANTIBODIES that means your IMMUNE SYSTEM is completely SHOT, and you can't fight the VIRUS anymore.

It is really common sense. Stop being an idiot and think these things through. Some of the questions answer themselves. Its just common sense.

When any infection occurs, your body begins to fight it. That is why it produces antibodies. ARS symptoms are your body trying to nuetralize itself. So it gets out of whack to do that.

If your body can't produce antibodies, then your immune system is gone. Which means something as simple as the flu or cold would kill you.

Just open a 9th grade BIOLOGY book.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1166

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3