Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Anxiety Is Killing Me --- Please Help
      #93285 - 03/26/04 01:12 AM

I had sex with a guy I now strongly suspect is HIV+. I performed oral sex on him and ingested his precum. Later during his encounter he dilated my anus with his fingers; due to the stretching my hemorrhoid condition was inflamed. At one point rubbed his penis in my anal area during which he very well may have ejaculated. I am only certain that preseminal fluid was present. Could I have contracted HIV? One week after this encounter I developed a cold. Today makes 3 weeks. The anxiety is killing me. Will taking the PCR help me at this juncture? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: The Anxiety Is Killing Me --- Please Help new
      #93286 - 03/26/04 09:20 AM

The oral sex was no risk, the fingering was no risk, rubbing his penis on the anal area still is no risk even with precum. He has to penetrate beyond the outer area of the anus with his penis. The anus is like a pair of lips, even with a hemorrhoid condition he could not have infected you without penetration. The HIV virus dies as soon as it hits air, without penetration you could not have been infected, and 1 week after the incounter, it was a cold. Do not read it as a sign, if symptoms occur at all it is 2 to 4 weeks after.

Also read the other responses, it might be the guy you slept with strongly suspecting that you were HIV+ and infected him. It is not your place or mine to judge.

joe
Fanatic

Reged: 08/20/01
Re: The Anxiety Is Killing Me --- Please Help new
      #93290 - 03/26/04 12:05 PM

oral sex with precum is low risk. If the guy did not penetrate you then you are globally fine. I would however recommend that you get tested after 13 weeks. A PCR at this point will definitely indicate if you have been infected or no.
Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3