Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Extremely perplexed! Symptoms and no explanation!
      #92069 - 03/13/04 06:10 AM

Hi All,

A very good day to u all.

I have a question to anyone who can provide some helpful information.

I was exposed to HIV 19 months ago.

Since then, I've had a whole host of symptoms, ie. chronic fatigue, muscle aches and exercise intolorence, weak limbs, dry eyes and mouth, muscle twitches all over, stiff and aching neck and shoulders, tingling and numbness especially in my feet.

I have had 3 negative ELISA tests at 5 months, 8 months and 18 months. But yet the symptoms are still here.

I am very frustrated and looking for answers! Does anyone have similar symptoms? If this is not HIV then what is it?

Please help!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Extremely perplexed! Symptoms and no explanation! new
      #92077 - 03/13/04 10:02 AM

Have you spoke to a medical professional about your problems? It defiantly is not HIV or anything associated with it your negative at 5mo was conclusive of that. It could be anemia; it could be something much worse. Your biggest mistake was waiting so long thinking it had to be related to HIV. Many people have done this and found out too late it was something that would be an easy fix if they would have gone to a doctor in the beginning, now you have been suffering for over 18mo and it may have turned acute by now and you will be this way the rest of your life.
No matter if you think it is HIV or not go to your doctor, it actually could be something else.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#92258 - 03/14/04 10:25 PM

Please, Please, Please write to your DPH, Governor, & President. I too am in the same position. I am making alot, alot, alot of noise with all of them. My progress is slow (over a year now), but I think I have break through with the FDA & American Red Cross. Please stop writting to websites, and direct your attention to where action can occur. thank you, kayla

Anonymous
Unregistered

#92444 - 03/17/04 12:24 PM

Yeah G Man Bill,

I've seen a doc with experience treating HIV patients. He doesn't think it's HIV cause I've had 3 negative tests up to 19 months post exposure.

Are these symptoms typical of HIV patients from your experience??? Just need to know cause I have to explore other possibilitie. My medical results have so far been normal. Blood tests are normal. Isthere any other alternative testing besides elisa that i need to explore?

Thanks for ur input Gman! And I admire u for ur courage and compassion. The work u do here is invaluable to so many people poz or otherwise!

Thanks!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2398

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3