Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quick Question - Can ARS clear & re-occur?
      #91721 - 03/10/04 11:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one. Is anyone aware of ARS symtpoms clearing and then recurring after a week?
It's just that I had symtpoms (sore throat, tiredness, low-grade temp and ANXIETY) 4 days after possible exposure (unprotected vaginal sex with friend of a friend) which cleared after 5 days and then reappeared after a week, again clearing after 5 days. The symtpoms were exactly the same but the second there was no sore throat.

Thanks in advance for any light which could be shed on this matter.

Regards.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Quick Question - Can ARS clear & re-occur? new
      #91729 - 03/10/04 02:55 PM

Both occurrences were not in the right period for ARS, also remember that it is not good to accuse someone of being HIV+ with out proof, it can be considered slander. Also the next female that posts on here could be her thinking you are the HIV+ one, this is not an easy disease to catch especially from female to mail, the opposite it more true, you could infect her 100 times faster than you would have the chance of her infecting you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#91746 - 03/10/04 05:19 PM

Thank you for your reply GmanBill. Thats a good point, I have no right to assume this, I know of her quite well and the only reasoning behind my logic is what I've been reading on the internet after falling sick which seems conflicting in many places.
Prior to this incident I have donated blood and have had no other sexual encounters so pretty sure I would not have infected her.

One last question if I may, isn't the second bout of similar illness within the 2-4 week timeframe something to consider?

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #91751 - 03/10/04 06:39 PM

Acually if you contracted that secondary strain of the flu that was going around it had the same effect on most people, they were sick, well, then sick again. That is a viable consideration, but if you are, still worried wait until 13 weeks is up and get a conclusive test. Just don’t worry your mind with things you have no control over, stress and worry can manifest things that are note really there.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#91805 - 03/11/04 04:56 AM

Thanks I'll try not to do so. I'm in England, so I'm not sure whether this virus will apply to me, but having some tests done to determine the cause, I think anxiety may have played a part as the illness wasn't bad enough to require painkillers to relieve any symptoms.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4748

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3