Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

high risk not infected, a few thoughts
      #91680 - 03/09/04 09:13 PM

oh, come one you guys! as far as i have noticed in 32 years of life, encountering a few hiv + people, and others who have sex with hiv+ people for a long time, i will assert that anyone can get it, and there is no reason for it: just some people, in certain circumstances, are suscettible to transmission and some are not. there is no good way to explain why. do you wonder why some people get chicken pox?
Hiv is not such a strong virus. some people get infected with one time, and some people don't with 1000. that's why it's always best to always have protected sex. you wont know what is happenning inside you. maybe the ones who do not get infetced are just luckier for a serious of coincidences (like me, to this point, almost a year of unprotected sex with a poz partner) and some people who do. this does not depend on morality, nor does it depend that much on your behaviour or on what you have to give back to god, just a question of luck. without knowing i had sex 100 times with an hiv + guy. sometimes i had my period, and i have have very favourable cirumstances: he never came inside and had an undetectable viral load. To date, i didn't catch it. As per him, he had sex once with a girl who had her period and caught it. so my bf is poz, i have no problem to assert that i still luv him. he does not deserve any harm. i am not poz, and know that i luv him as a human being, now we always pratice safe sex, we are mainly two people communicating, in conntact, living side by side, despite whatever stupid virus he carries in his veins...would anyone feel so obsessed about diabetis or ms? I doubt it. a person is a person regardless the bad luck of contracting a disease. I think people who are obsessed about getting hiv are having some problem with their own sexual life, maybe guilt and shame after being with a prostitute or experiencing same sex encounters...but this is another problem, and it would be really healthy for all if we could distinguish the disease from the fear of it once and for all...cheers, em

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 936

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3