Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Swollen/Painful Nodes and No HIV?
      #9159 - 09/03/00 09:36 PM

I've tested negative beyond three months, yet my groin and axilla (armpit) nodes remain swollen and tender. My exposure was high risk, and I did contract chlamydia from the exposure (treated months ago). The medic at the clinic assured me that the swollen nodes were a reaction to the STD and would gradually disappear. But they haven't I want to move on from the constant concern over HIV, but the ongoing discomfort of the nodes keeps me worried. I keep hatching the "what if the virus is 'hiding' in my nodes?" theory in my mind. So I keep testing - last negative test was at 23 weeks - just under 6 months. Now I'm worried that the nodes will continue beyond 6 months - and thus so will my worries!

Many others have reported swollen and tender nodes. When, if ever, did they go away? What's the deal???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Swollen/Painful Nodes and No HIV? new
      #9161 - 09/03/00 09:42 PM

My freind, I share the same pain but no answer for you. I hope you well.

mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
      #9163 - 09/03/00 11:35 PM

hey i hope you can relax a little,
you should be happy with the negative results thus far most people will show positive by 3 months as you well know and many countries consider this to be the only test needed even the ny state health dept considers it conclusive.
the virus will not "hide" in your lymph nodes and as far as the swelling goes there could be several reasons they are still swollen including you feeling them all the time,
with that said sometimes they take days,weeks even several months if they ever go back to "normal" at all.
so my friend try to relax and if you cannot find comfort go back in a couple weeks and get that final test and put this all behind you.
i know the other std is what is scaring you i in fact am still going thru the same thing and have 6 weeks just to get to the 3 month mark and would have been delighted to have had a neg at over 5 months!!
i hope all goes well for you mentally and remember you are
NEGATIVE!........MC

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
      #9193 - 09/04/00 09:13 PM

I have had swollen nodes for probably 4 months now. Doctor has told me that they are due to a reactivated epstein-barr virus that was triggered by stress and lack of rest (ebv is the same virus that gave us all mono as kids). Maybe you might want to get tested for that. There is no medicine other than rest, but it would ease your mind. Good luck to you, and do not worry about hiv, you dont have it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9206 - 09/05/00 09:06 AM

I also got chlamydia but I don't have any symptoms but only show in blood test, serology test at 17 weeks. HIV -ve, well mine is even scary because there is no response from my body. I will test again at around 25 weeks to confirm. Hopefully, things turn out OK but..... same as you scaree and rely on sleeping pill every night. Anyway, you should listen to your doctor and stop it since they should have confident before they tell you that you are -ve. Move on and stop worrying. Treat yourself better, OK. I will pray for you.
J

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: pls read thisSwollen/Painful Nodes and No HIV? new
      #9225 - 09/05/00 11:59 PM

I have had swollen lymph nodes for over 8 months now and I tested negative at 9 1/2 months. EBV or CMV could cause these symptoms without testing reactive to them. Your body had probablyacquired these virusis few years ago and they lurk around till your body and brain are overworked. this is what is happening to me. If it brings you peace of mind test at 6 months,26, weeks and I am sure it will be negative and then you can relax.

all the best
zazoo

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3646

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3