Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Military
      #90995 - 03/02/04 07:44 PM

I see many questions or coments on military testing for STDs on this site. As a retired navy corpsman let me put out a little factual information on this matter.

1. All active duty members complete a "short form" physical every six months. This includes TB, HIV, BLOOD PRESSURE, PULSE, BODY WEIGHT,and TEMP only.

2. All active duty members complete a "long form" physical once a year (basicly the same thing you would get with your own doctor anually)

3. All reserve members are required to have HIV test prior to performing thier two week annual training and recieve a "short form" physical once a year ( it is assumed they recieve regular medical in thier civilian life.

4. STD testing is not automatic. It has to be suspected or requested by the member, medic, or Dr.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Military new
      #92071 - 03/13/04 08:28 AM

Sometime there are a few who slip through the cracks.... Got a friend who is Art.... Air Force just had to get a HIV test 2 months ago before he got out.... that test was the first HIV test that he has taken since 2001.... freaky huh... yep I would say so. Army is a little better.... testing soldiers atleast every 2 years... and ones who deploy.... before they get on a plane out of the country they have been tested with a result on file and are tested within one week of returning....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1734

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3