Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mind and Body
      #9093 - 09/01/00 10:33 AM

Believe it or not our minds can heal as well as get us sick. take it from me. I believed i was infected with hiv teh day after i had an exposure. I tried to remain calm and do my time to wait for the test. the wait was unberable. every waking moment i thought of hiv. little by little i started developing symptoms, from fever to swollen glands, you name it i had it. It was all in the mind guys. the fever was real, the glands were swollen, that was real, the rashes were real, the depression was real. nothing was imagined my mind made my body sick. in the end after the result came out negative, i felt a 1000 tons lighter and the real symptoms started to disappear little by little. The point is tht if you believe you have it you are going to feel it.
I called all the hotlines, they cant help you, nobody will tell you you are alright, in fact they may even make it worse because you will feel no comfort there. You can read in h¿the internet all you want with the pretext of getting informed and knowing all you can, but in fact that is also bad, because you find out things you dont want to find out, things you dont interpeert correctly becasue we are not doctors and it will make it worse. If you get a pimple behind your ear, you will probably find a case study where a pimple behind the ear was studied and it will just feed you anxiety.
The only confort i found really was in this board. It showed me i was not alone, it gave me confort to answer as well as ask.
I write this not for your comfort because i realized nothing will make you feel better only a negative test will, but so you try and think positive. Your mind WILL make you sick if you believe it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
Re: Mind and Body new
      #9096 - 09/01/00 12:48 PM

WELL SAID!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 752

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3