Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Late conversion
      #9084 - 09/01/00 04:44 AM

Dear guy, here is my situation. I just test 17 weeks hiv -ve. However, the chlamydia and herpes 1&2 all turn positive. The result of my 3 months test are -ve chlamydia and positive herpes 1. Hiv also -ve in 3 months. My doctor said I might be the odd one who is really late seroconverted. Now I have lost confident on the hiv test window period already. I may be the lucky one who seroconvert later than the other. I am not telling lie here, but things are really strange. By the way, I felt NO symptoms at all during the 17 weeks waiting period. No outbreak of herpes and nothing strange and healthy but only a bit worry and that is it. My exposure is receiving oral sex for less than 30 seconds, can you imagine that?? Chlamydia is not supposed to be transmitted by oral sex either. Good luck to all. Please please pray for the poor guy here. I planned to test again in 2 months to make it more than 6 months. Anyway, I just fell myself is over and nothing but cause burden to all who love me and put the faith in me. Hope this message will not cause panic to those who is waiting for test. Again, since the odd is happened to me, the rest should be OK.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JAM
Unregistered

Re: Late conversion new
      #9092 - 09/01/00 10:12 AM

Don't worry buddy, you're not going to be the rare exception in this one, especially after only receiving oral sex for 30 seconds. You're exposure was through saliva. Where's the real risk here? How many cases of transmission through saliva have there been reported? There has only been one and this is questionable. Think about all the people in the world who share sodas and stuff, this is exposure to saliva. If receiveing oral sex was your only risk and your three month test was negative. You have nothing at all to worry about. Your next test if going to be negative.

JAM

Anonymous
Unregistered

to: JAM new
      #9105 - 09/01/00 05:41 PM

JAM, thanks for reply. But how to explain the late conversion of chlamydia and the none common way of transmission I am scare there are something else on the way. I think this is also explain other sympton exist in other freinds in the board. Please take care of yourself and check the possibility of other std down the road.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: to: JAM new
      #9106 - 09/01/00 06:06 PM

by the way, JAM, I am going to see the doctor in three hours time. Hopefully, there is a satisfactory reply to the cure. As for HIV, I am still scare like hell. Looks like anything can happen. I wish you all well and don't be panic because of my sad experience. I just want people here to watch out.
J

wdu

Reged: 08/17/00
Re: Late conversion new
      #9109 - 09/01/00 09:53 PM

You tested negetive for Clamydia, so you don't have it. There are other STD's or skin irritations similar to Clamydia, which can result from spermicides and lubricants used in condoms. These may sometimes lead to bacterial infections which can be cleared up with antibiotics. Your herpes could have been present for sometime without your knowledge. I doubt herpes was through your 30 second oral sex.
Finally, at 17 weeks negative, I think you're in great shape. let us know how your future test go.

Anonymous
Unregistered

to:wdu new
      #9114 - 09/02/00 01:44 AM

I think I let you misunderstood. I tested +ve for chlamydia at 17 weeks test but not 13 weeks test. My doctor said I might not have it and it is over since I don't have any sign at all. Anyway, he give me a dose of antibiotic and some oral drug to follow up for 10 days just to make sure. Ok, my case may be a late conversion because chlamydia usually appear much earlier. What I am afraid is the odd is on my side, I mean the same late conversion of HIV. Well, I will follow up in 2 months time and see the 6 months result. As, for herpes, yes, I agree that I might contract it long time without notice which is not through sex because there is ONLY ONE horrible contact in my life and make it NO RETURN!!!

JAM
Unregistered

#9116 - 09/02/00 02:35 AM

I have already tested negative long ago (even by CDC guidlines), I just pop in once in a while to offer advice. My advice to you about your three month test and your exposure remains the same. Chlamydia is the most common bacterially transmitted disease and it is possible to go for a few years without knowing you are infected. Don't quote me to the letter on this, but this is just what I jut got through reading on this site. The fact that you got Chlamydia is not going to change the circumstances of your exposure. You are not going to get it from 30 seconds of saliva exposure to your penis. Even if you were the rare exception, your negative 3 month test was accurate based on this exposure. I would have a heck of time ever believing that you were the rare one twice in a row.

Calm your nerves, you got something but it is not going to be HIV from a 30-second exposure of saliva to your penis. I am sure you will not find a doctor (who is well knowledgeable about HIV transmission) who will tell you
otherwise.

Let us know how things go, we're with you buddy.

JAM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9117 - 09/02/00 02:44 AM

JAM, I do hope you are right. I will let you guy knows about my 6 months around 2nd week of Nov. I will keep you posted. How is the German said??? I understand you are OK but how the European judge this??? I know it is no way to chnage my status but I need something to calm down my nerve in this 2 months waiting period. Thanks in advance.

JAM
Unregistered

#9126 - 09/02/00 05:13 AM

I am in Germany, and the German HIV information department says that 3 months is 99.8 to 99.9 percent accurate and that there is no such thing as 100%. Hope this helps. They also say you will not get if from saliva which is what your exposure was.

Calm your neves!

JAM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#9131 - 09/02/00 10:55 AM

Thanks a lot!!!

wdu

Reged: 08/17/00
Re: to:wdu new
      #9141 - 09/02/00 11:33 PM

As I said earlier, HIV will mask Syphilis infection. Not the other way. Other STD's will not have any effect on HIV tests. Again, your 30 second oral sex is low risk compared to other forms of sex. You had no symptoms. You will be fine.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2588

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3