Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Majuere
Unregistered

Burning Tongue
      #90670 - 02/26/04 07:54 PM

On 12/25/03 I met a woman that I had talked to on AOL messenger. She was visiting relatives in my area and we went for a ride and got coffee. We ended up parked at the beach. We began French Kissing and I do have bleeding gums, sometimes they bleed long after I have brushed or flosed.
This lead to her performing oral sex.
The following night the same exact scenario took place except I also fingered her externally on her clitoris.
I know that ARS usually doesn't begin in 33 hours from exposure. However, I woke up the following morning feeling like a flu was coming on. I had no other symptoms except for this "heavy" feeling. Exactly one week later, I had what I thought was the flu. A general feeling of malaise, a temperature which varied between 95f and 102.2f. The 102.2 fever only lasted one day and most of the time my temperature was below normal. I also had a runny nose, sweating (more during the day than at night, and extremely dry lips. This flu lasted exactly one month. The feeling of malaise was the last thing to go away. Since 12/27 I have had extremely dry lips that will not resolve. I use vaseline and chapstick which makes them feel a little better but on one evening when I ran out of lip balm, my lips felt like they were on fire. I had to keep splashing cold water on them. About 2 weeks ago, I got a sudden "burning" sensation on the tip of my tongue along with a metallic taste. Every where I look, the only explaination for a man to get this "Burning Mouth Syndrome" is HIV infection. There is not one abnormal looking thing in my mouth or on my tongue. Would this be too early from the infection date to be a candida infection (Thrush)? I read that you have to be very
immuno-suppressed to get candida. Any input would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Burning Tongue new
      #90686 - 02/27/04 11:06 AM

Burning tongue can be caused by a number of things, even in men. When there was a dental/oral section of the body, the dentist responding suggested that: stress, allergy, alcohol and smoking could all contribute to a burning mouth. The important thing to remember is that you have not put yourself in any risk--your gums bleeding has nothing to do with her performing oral sex on you. This act constitutes a virtually null risk. In addition, fingering someone is not a risk. If you contacted the CDC or anyone here at thebody.com, they would tell you your "exposure" does not even warrant testing. So, get calm and see a doctor about your burning mouth.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1926

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3