Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Waiting for test
Unregistered

POST NASAL DRIP
      #8970 - 08/28/00 09:21 PM

I just thought i would add to the comments and say that i have had the same symptoms (sore throat, mucous) for about 2 months. I have tested negative on my 3 months test (Elisa). It seems that this might be post nasal drip which causes the sore throat, also i believe that stress might make it worse. I would also like to say that you all should beware of the 1800 numbers and the testing services associated with them, today i finally got my results faxed to me after requesting them to mailed for over one month. it turns out after all the assurrances (bold faces lies ) that the test was in fact an Elisa Hiv- 1 test (1st generation) and not third generation like they had promised over the phone. these services charge close to 100.00. while i had a better test hiv 1-2 (2nd generation test) for only 50.00 out of my doctors office. JUST BEWARE good luck all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

ONLY IN THE USA new
      #8972 - 08/28/00 10:48 PM

This kind of s_hit only happens in the USA. In no other country home test kits and stuff like that is allowed. Still wonder why Europe, Canada and other countries all SAY 3 MONTHS and only the CDC says 6 months. Because USA is the mother of f_ucking commerce, yes even with hiv. So no one can be sure in USA about the accuracy of a given test. Stick with your 6 months window period. PERIOD.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ONLY IN THE USA new
      #8975 - 08/28/00 10:57 PM

I agree, only in US will happen. This is fatal, how can you allow so many standard in the market for THIS HIV test. In Singapore, thing is under control. We only allow the latest generation test. By default, we test HIV 1 & 2 combo as standard. No stone age reagent is being use and no compromise in cost.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1837

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3