Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scared and Waiting-Please Help!
      #88976 - 02/17/04 12:55 PM

Hello out there. I'm currently waiting on test results for HIV, Hep B & C and I'm in total panic mode. While part of me is relieved that I am finally doing the tests, a big part of me wished I never got out of bed this morning. If anyone out there could tell me that I should or should not be worried about this stuff, your words would be appreciated. Here's my exposures:

1.) Performed oral on another guy for about a minute and a half but a latex condom was used the entire time.
2.) Mutual masturbation with about seven guys over the course of two years, but never had any open cuts on my fingers or hands that would have come into contact with precum or semen.
3.) One instance where I flicked the tip of my tongue twice over the bottom part of the head of another guy's penis and although the skin was dry, it had the taste of precum on it. I know that he wiped the precum off before I did the tongue thing. Dr. Bob told me that my risk for HIV from this was nonexistant. I was very concerned over Hep B from this since it can survive outside the body for up to a week, but I spoke with a doctor who specializes in STDs for my state health dept and he said that he doesn't think what I did was enough to infect me. He said that I shouldn't be worried and that I should get the vaccine so I don't worry in the future.

Now that the blood is drawn though, I have a serious case of the "what if's" and I can't get them out of my head. Am I panicking for no reason? I know that Hep C isn't a concern here because there was never any contact with blood, but what about HIV or Hep B. Even though I've done the research, it's not sinking into my head. Someone please write back, thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Scared and Waiting-Please Help! new
      #88978 - 02/17/04 01:06 PM

Hi there,

I don't know much about Hep B, but if your test comes back negative, have you thought about getting vaccinated for it? I've gotten through the vaccinations for Hep A & B, and I know I feel much better.

As for HIV and Hep C, it sounds like there was little or no risk of exposure! Your anxiety seems unfounded, but maybe this is a wake-up call for you. You've done the right thing (and brave thing) by being tested. Continue to get tested while you are sexually active with persons of unknown or positive status. You're doing fine. Good luck to you.

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Anonymous
Unregistered

#89017 - 02/17/04 02:56 PM

yes you are panicking. HIV is not transmitted via oral, not sure about ep, but if you are so worried about catching diseases, stop jerking off with different guys.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#89020 - 02/17/04 03:01 PM

Thanks sweetpea. So far, yours was the only kind and decent response. It helps.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#89158 - 02/17/04 09:28 PM

First and most importantly, if you're not married, you should,nt give head nor get it. I was taught that sex was a mariage thing. But if you are going to have sex, or masturbation,or give head then use the right protection. You have no reason to actually be scared. God is with you. He'll never put more on you then you can bare. I don't know if your're a christian or not. But if you are keep your faith,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#89189 - 02/18/04 08:56 AM

[quote]HIV is not transmitted via oral, [/quote]

Yes it can be. But since there was a condom used, then it was virtually safe. As far as the lick, it may be generally safe, but not 100%. Orally, you can still swallow segments of semen.. orally on a female, you can intake portions of semen as well as menstral excess during certain times. Although it isn't as likely as intercourse, it still carries a risk. And whether the risk is small or great, it is STILL A RISK!

Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
      #89192 - 02/18/04 09:08 AM

Hi Anon;
Uncertainty Sucks.
I hope that you are not infected and I will not go on because Sweetpea covered all the facts.
I just wanted to answer with a more hopefull response, instead of some more of the negative responses that you have recieved.
Keep your chin up, try to put yourself in a happier space, and keep going. I cannot stress how important a good outlook on each day is. I have found that when I let my emotions get the best of me, I tend to get very morbid and I am a pro when it comes to painting ugly pictures in my head. The problem with doing that is it brings on stress, worry, and all sorts of counterproductive chemical reactions in our bodies.
I hope that you are HIV-, and that all the worry was unnecessary; however, if you do turn out HIV+ we on this board are full of life experiences that will help you through.
Peace to you.

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Parrothead
Fanatic

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Atlantic Beach, FL
      #89280 - 02/18/04 07:56 PM

Okay...

1. Oral sex with a condom used..... no risk

2. Mutual masturbation. As far as I know, there has never been a documented case of transmission in this manner. If there were no fresh bloody wounds then I would say your risk was nil here also.

3. Licking the bottom of the head of the penis.... When exposed to air, HIV dies almost immediately. I believe your risk is non existant there also, although some would disagree. If the skin was dry, then chances are, if there was HIV present, it would have died from exposure to the air.

I'm not an expert, but I've read tons of posts from them and did plenty of research when I was going through my own "scare". I would truly relax about this one. I believe you are going to test negative and when you do, remember never to put yourself at risk again. Always play safe. The consequences just aren't worth anything involved in the experience. Good luck in the future.

Amanda

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1800

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3