Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

30 months window period
      #8882 - 08/25/00 12:57 PM

Please use your brain!!! IF any virus invaded into your body without notice, you should NOT have any response at all like fever, ARS, swollen lymp node or painful feelings. It is because your defense system is working, so that you feel the symptoms. Antibody is one of the tools that your defense system used. If the EIA test is not able to pick up any antibody in certain period of time, that means your immune system is NOT working at all. Then you may already die because of simple flu virus or any simple sickness since your body just cannot defense any form of attack by virus or bacteria or whatever. Remember, it is no way that you can live without virus because it is full of different kinds of them in the air that we normally breath.
What do you think?? So, now we have to see if 30 months window period is reasonable?? The answer is NO if we all believe we are normal person. The answer is YES, if you are worry all odds and don't believe in modern science.
At last, if you are the chosen one to die, then please face and accept your destiny. Or you should trust the majority of the expert said who did research with their heart in order to stop the spread of the terrible disease. Most EC countries set 3 months as conclusive and CDC said 6 moths is closed to 99.99% or whatever. These experts will not risk and BS. Trust them and move on.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Clinton
Unregistered

You must wait for 20 years before ..... new
      #8887 - 08/26/00 07:12 AM

If you were exposed and tested negative after six months, you can be relaxed and sleep well, but you must wait for 20 years before you have unprotected sex with your partner or donate your blood!

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: You must wait for 20 years before ..... new
      #8888 - 08/26/00 07:31 AM

Here's a little tidbit..... whoever is posting this crap... do you realize that your IP address can be traced and it can be found out who is posting this garbage?

Now, for those of you seeking anonymity, I dont post this to make you concerned. No one traces anyting on this forum, but honestly if crackpots are going to continue to post things either because they are homophobic, or just have a hangup about hiv, then I think that policy ought to change. People come here for comfort in a very trying time. To have nut-cases come here and knowingly post garbage like 30 month and 20 year waiting periods just makes me ill.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: You must wait for 20 years before ..... new
      #8891 - 08/26/00 09:36 AM

Mr. Clinton, I don't really understand your logic??? Are you saying that if you are not dying after 20 years then you are OK?? In this case, we don't need a doctor and 3, 6, 12, 24 ..... months window period are all non-sense. Do you know there is still a chance of exposure even you have so called protected sex. It is better to isolate yourself or die somewhere........

DUDE
Expert

Reged: 06/13/00
You must wait for 20 years before .BULLLSHIT.... new
      #8940 - 08/27/00 11:24 PM

20 years my asss. What a load of crap.

6 months window for the HIV-2 ELISA anti-body test.
As for donating blood.. . . the Red Cross will give you a questionaire on donoating blood. Answer those questions honestly. That will determine if you can give blood.
Infrequently lurking. DUDE (anyone remember me?)

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: You must wait for 20 years before .BULLLSHIT.... new
      #8941 - 08/28/00 01:38 AM

DUDE, I totally agree with you.

zazoo
Regular

Reged: 06/13/00
Re: You must wait for 20 years before .BULLLSHIT.... new
      #8942 - 08/28/00 01:57 AM

You are right Dude. 6 months is very much adequate and should ease any concern an individual has about HIV once tested negative.

Hope you are doing well
cheers

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2156

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3