Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Window period of 30 months
      #8865 - 08/25/00 09:40 AM

I just seroconverted after 30 months since exposure. YES, 30 MONTHS. During this period my
viral load was always undetectable, I had a negative DNA PCR, a negative culture for HIV-1, but I always
felt sick and my lymph nodes were always enlarged and painful and my spleen was also enlarged. The
exposure was early in 1998 and I had ARS six weeks later, chronic diarrhea for five months in 1999, shingles
in October of 1990 and E.coli infection in February of 2000. My t-cells dropped initially from 1100 to 600
at three months from infection and then slowly crept back up to 1300. Then, I had the shingles and since that
time my t-cells dropped to 800 although I maintained an undetectable VL. My theory is that initially I had a
very strong cellular response but the virus remained in resting cells which were then reactivated by the
shingles. Do you have any ideas as to why it took so long?? Is it a good or a bad sign that I took so long to
seroconvert?? I want to start medication because my immune system feels overtaxed (the lymph nodes in my
groin are very large and painful). My doctor says they are helping me but he has not gone through the
continuous pain!!..and my t-cells are dropping. Would you treat?? I hope I do not scare everybody/Regards.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
K-Nine
Unregistered

Re: Window period of 30 months new
      #8866 - 08/25/00 10:18 AM

You are an idiot to post this here. Either you are the same person who posted this to Dr. Holidniy on the Body's Viral Load forum, or you or just an loser who saw that post and cut and paste it here it scare people. Either way you are a pretty big loser.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Impossible! new
      #8868 - 08/25/00 10:35 AM

Impossible!

Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with K-Nine!!! new
      #8869 - 08/25/00 10:37 AM

To the person who cut and pasted that "question": What an idiot to "post" that question in this forum! I wish I could get a hold of you in person, then we would see how funny it is! People have real issue here and they don't need an idot with too much free time on their hands contributing nonsense!

Cougar
Unregistered

Has mental problem - Please ignore new
      #8870 - 08/25/00 11:02 AM

This is the same person that has always posted here and continues to claim that they converted 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and now 30 months out. They use to print all the stats as well, until one of the old regulars did some research and reprinted the posts again...sure enough all the stats were the same each time they supposedly seroconverted. After further research, it was found the same stats were posted to another forum on the Body (in questions to the doctors). I don't know what this persons problem is...obviously they are a bit mentally unstable and derive satisfaction in a sick and sad way. I'm sure they will continue to post here as they haven't stopped for six months or so now.

Take care.

Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry for posting "window period of 30 months" new
      #8875 - 08/25/00 11:37 AM

I'm sorry for posting that, but it should not be ignored. Is EIA really reliable to detect all types of virus, given the high diversity of HIV variants?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I agree with K-Nine!!! new
      #8878 - 08/25/00 11:54 AM

Show me the evidence! and please explain why you believe six month is the goldern cut-off! Please note six month window period is drawn from the seroconverted persons, but how about the persons who never seroconvert? Are you sure they are really uninfected?!

Anonymous
Unregistered

TO: you posted the 30 months window period new
      #8880 - 08/25/00 12:17 PM

So, there is no such thing called window period based on your situation. Let me ask you this: 1. Are you or Do you never have any other risky contacts in this 30 months?? 2. You have painful and swollen lymp node all the time from your so call ARS??? 3. How many Antibody tests did you ever run?? And the result??? Ok, let's put in this way, there is people or cases always out of control in medcine. What did your doctor said??? If and I should assume you are a honest person, you should document your case and the authority should investigate and find out the odds. If you are a responsible person, you should do it so we can effectively stop the spread of the disease.

JAM
Unregistered

#8881 - 08/25/00 12:28 PM

Don't worry, you are not scaring us.

Regards,

JAM

Tim
Unregistered

#8899 - 08/26/00 01:34 PM

If you didn't test positive for hiv then why were you getting T cell counts? This story is a lie!!! There are people that have gone many years without testing because they have no symptoms, but going five years of testing and Tcell counts is stupid. Ladies and gentlemen stick to the facts I'm not saying that the window period is 3 or 6 months for everyone but for 99% plus it is, so get tested at 3 months. At that time you can be pretty sure you don't have hiv. Then 6 months to make sure. Now you have a better chance of dying from lighting striking you than AIDS. And it'll still take 20 years for the AIDS to kill you then.

Tim

Chill out enjoy live and god bless everyone including the person that posted the 30 month window period, he needs gods blessing too!

Anonymous
Unregistered

YOU ARE NOT HIV POSITIVE, JUST A LIAR new
      #8980 - 08/29/00 06:33 AM

I have read similar posts to yours and they are all the same. Infected February 1998, ARS in April and CD4 dropped to 610 in June. You are a scum JULIO and you are the one who seroconverted at 7, 13, 19 and now at 30 months. You should go to a mental assylum and never be released. I bet that your family name starts with A too. I do not believe you are doing this and If you want to be infected it is very easy to do so. I read all your posts at the HOPKINS and the Body sights and I already informed Dr Gallant about you and sent him your printed posts. I believe that you seroconverted after you had the flu, ha ha ha, you SOB. I really dipise you and hope that common sense will prevail over your stupidity.

You know what, YOU ARE NOT HIV +, I WILL BET A $US100,000.00 ON THAT. YOU CAN NOT GET A LIGITIMATE WRITTEN PROOF. YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HUMAN RACE, Mr 59 OR 61 YEAR OLD MAN.

Adious Amigo

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3101

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3