Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

whats the chances??
      #88492 - 02/16/04 09:20 AM

Hi all,

i just found out in the last few weeks that my ex was cheating on me (5 girls i know about,2 were from thailand,3 english and apparently there are more)
I have been in a new relationship with a guy for the past 16mths and we are due to get married then BANG..I find out about my ex's little flings!!
I have been out of my mind with worry but today i went to my local GUM clinic who did the full std checks.Hiv,hepatitis,syphillis warts etc. My swabs all came back fine...no warts,lumps or bumps and my results for hiv,syphillis,and hep i will get tomorrow.
I couldnt stop crying in the clinic and in the end they had to inject me with something to calm me down.
The doctor said that as all my other results are ok,he didnt think i had anything to worry about re:hiv and hep.
What do you all think..am i worrying over nothing?
I cant bear the thought of calling the clinic tomorrow and being told im hiv+. I'd rather kill my self!!
any opinions would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
Re: whats the chances?? new
      #88494 - 02/16/04 10:17 AM

Hi Anon;
You are doing all the right things!!!!!!!!!!! VERY SMART!!!!
Please do not honor your ex. by killing yourself. He probably isn't worth it.
The only thing that I can tell you is that some of the richest and most fullfilling years of my life have been since I was given the death sentence for the first time back in September of 1983.
Guess what???????? I am still here, still stirring the pot, still laughing, crying, and have the time of my life.
PLEASE CHILL! You are just being given a heads up to stop and take a look at your life, use it wisely. Most people go blindly through life never having to take responsibility for their own life. This is your chance.
Hope that the person you are with respects you as much as you respect yourself. That is the bare minimum. Is your new partner getting tested? If not, why not?
Love and Best Wishes.

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: whats the chances?? new
      #88496 - 02/16/04 10:33 AM

thanks for your reply tim. I respect your attitude and strength towards life and i send you my best wishes for health and happiness.
My fiance is in a different country at the moment and knows nothing about this. I havent seen him for 4 months as i had to return to england to sort out my house (which was up for sale) I only found out all this crap about my ex when i returned. If i have hiv then i can wave bye bye to the relationship that i have with my fiance. He comes from a very religious background and i have to be tested for any diseases before we marry. I would not be allowed to marry him if i was hiv/hep positive. Very unfortunate i know but unfortunatley thats the way it is.
I cant go on if i lose my fiance over this...LIFE STINKS!
I am dreading calling the clinin tomorrow.

Cherry xx

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1080

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3