Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Waiting for test
Unregistered

Sore Throat. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
      #8783 - 08/23/00 01:54 AM

I was extremely pleased to read your responses. today i went to see another ENT about my throat, who says he believes it might be stress related because no problems with my throat except some possible sinus problem on the right side, and post nasal drip. the responses were very helpful and reassuring, also extremly well written response about it being stress related. i guess all i have left to do is try and relax. Thanks to all. i will be checking in periodically to see if i can share what i have learned with others. Again THANKS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sore Throat. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. new
      #8784 - 08/23/00 02:20 AM

So you say you are waiting for a test? Would that be that 12 weeks tests or what?

BigMistake
Fanatic

Reged: 08/14/00
      #8808 - 08/23/00 04:36 PM

Yeah, thanks a lot Anonymous. I also freaked out the last few days with this thing. Your post was very informative and put my mind at rest again. Can the stress you talk about and the semi-permanent infection also cause swollen/sore lymph nodes? I am at 23 days after a possible exposure.

-BM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8823 - 08/23/00 07:52 PM

Anonymous here! First, let me begin with writing that I understand completely how VERY stressful this period in your and our lives are. So, with this in mind I will be as honest as possible. In my previous post, I mentioned semi-permanent inflammation. This is different from "infection". An increase in blood flow to the throat during stressful periods stimulates the nerve endings within that region. Therefore, these nerve endings beneath the tissue become very reactive and sensitive to various things. Thereby, the tissues become inflammed. They can become senistive to our own swallowing movements in our throat. This, coupled with a depressed immune system caused by stress, actually amplifies our throats/pharynx susceptibility to irratation and infection. The more and persistent the blood flow, the more likely inflammation can occur. The more inflammation, the more susceptible to infection our throats will become. I cannot say for certain whther your lymph soreness is associated with this dilemma. However, I can logically conclude that your nodes could be reacting to stress levels and your throat irritation/infection. It doesn't take much to get your nodes swollen. Our bodies are very finely tuned machines of nature. It doesn't take much for our immune system to react. Sometimes consistent irritation of the throat is enough. Stress can also lead one's nodes to ache. Please do not consider this as a more viable opinion to that of your physician. Only a physician who can evaluate you in person can give you the best opinion. I will conclude by mentioning that the mind is a very very powerful organ. It triggers our body's ability to combat disease and to cope with them. It does so through natural processes. One of those processes is stress. Stress reduces your body's immune system because the brain is preparing the body to deal with a traumatic situation. In periods of durated stress, the body's tuning is thown out of whack. Therefore, we continously "come down" with strange physical responses. Take a deep breath and relax, as difficult as I know that it may be. During this period, don't obsess about symptoms. Without infection, you can actually begin to create symptoms in your body. In a few weeks, test yourself to ease your worries. You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8834 - 08/24/00 12:25 AM

I am waiting for my six month test. I recently took a 2nd and 3rd generation Elisa at 12 weeks (Negative). i will be taking a test at six months to ease my mind and will settle the CDC argument about six months versus three by just taking the test and easing my mind fully. The three month test should be enough because many places like New York and Canada say it is conclusive at three months, but the CDC still says Six. Hope everyone is hanging in there. thanks

BigMistake
Fanatic

Reged: 08/14/00
      #8864 - 08/25/00 09:03 AM

Thanks again. I've been working out quite a lot too, after a 30 day lay-off period. It was therefore quite a shock to my body. I've been drinking about 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C and other strong antioxidant-formulated multi-vit and mineral supplements. I thought this should be enough to fight the throat-thing, but no. Therefore I became stressed, thinking it is ARS- or herpes-related. And from your post I know what stress can do. Thank you, your posts are great.

BM

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2005

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3