Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone help? easy my mind
      #87146 - 02/13/04 03:57 PM

Could someone please help me? Back in the summer my wife and I split up. During that time I explored my sexuality and was with another male. Several time during the summer. Of which 3 times was unprotected 2 of which we stopped and he used protection. 1 time he pulled out. Never once did he ejaculate inside me. Also from what I can tell he never pre-cummed, anyway the last time was Oct 10 of 2003. My wife and I got back together later that month. After which I have convinced myself that I was infected. I have asked my old partner many times to the point that he is mad. He reassures me that he has gotten tested and was neg. But I was convinced. So therefore about 7-8 weeks after the last exposure I was tested at a clinic. The test came back a week later and was negative. The nurse assured me to calm down. 8 weeks was early but was a very good sign. She says by state law it should go 3-6 months 6 be the final. But she said 3 were final in most states and with the WHO. She told me to calm down. I have had every symptom in the book. Sore throat, sore neck. Ears bothering me lymph nodes hurting now my joints ache and last night I woke up sweating. My wife tells me that it my nerves and I have always had a problem being compulsive. Could someone help me? Give me some direction. I feel like a broken record. After the test came back negative I was fine. Then boom it all backfired up. Could I still be having symptoms or better yet is it my nerves. Yesterday. My left testicle was swollen and sore. I don’t know what to do the nurse told me that 8 weeks was a very good indicator. And even though it was high risk. There wasn’t an ejaculation. I just cant bare to think that I would leave my children with a father as a child I was abandoned and cant even think about this. I have been on paxil cr since last year and just transferred to lexapro for my ocd and panic attacks. Someone please help
My wife know i was with someone else just not a male

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Can someone help? easy my mind new
      #87147 - 02/13/04 04:19 PM

If your male partner was negative, than you couldn't have gotten it. If you think he is lying, than test again at the 13 week mark from your last exposure. Your "symptoms" are psychlogical, and are not a way to diagnose HIV.

Use a condom with your wife until you have a complete panel of tests run for chlamydia, gonorreah, herpes, genital warts, and anything else I may not have mentioned.

What in God's name were you doing having unsafe sex this day in age?

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87226 - 02/13/04 07:13 PM

I ask myself the same thing everyday. The nurse said that my 7-8 week test was a very good indicator. But now i am having all these problems. No fever yet. but stiff muscles and sore neck joints, etc on and on. thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87603 - 02/14/04 12:06 PM

went to the dr today. arm pit lympth node was swollen. but the dr said is was cause i have kept messing with it. (checking myself). My white blood count was normal. everything looked fine. I am coughing with flem but he said my lungs was sounded ok. What is going on? He gave me some antibodics. But didnt have a clue why. no cold he said and no fever no flu. What is going on am i infected my 7-8 weeks test was neg and that was back in novermber why now am i getting sick. or am i parinoid so much i am freaking over the common cold.?
help

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87604 - 02/14/04 03:46 PM

I am just wondering how you can tell your armpit node is swollen. It is obvious, or do you have to really search for it. I seem to have some aches there, but checking, I do not feel any kind of lump, I am checking directly in the armpit, is this correct, or is it on the side, above or below the actual pit?

sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
      #87605 - 02/14/04 04:08 PM

Oh my God....

You have a cold. It's wintertime. You need to see a psychologist, not a medical doctor. Your guilt is causing you to feel ill... the lymph nodes, the colds, the nausea... it's all stress and anxiety.

You don't have HIV or AIDS.

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
      #87796 - 02/15/04 09:58 AM

Hi Anon;
Sweetpea is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to CHILL! Which has nothing to do with HIV. One of the things that will cause HIV to replicate at an unbelievable rate is stress hormones. Yes we all have stress, but you are causing many of your problems by worrying! You must wait another month or two to get tested again, and that is just the way it is. I have been living with this virus in my blood for at least 21 years, and to this day nobody can tell by just looking at me.
Some of the decisions that you have made in the past are haunting you and that, more than anything, is tearing you up inside. The first thing that you must do is not believe any of the crap that you have heard and be totally honest with your wife. This may not be the easiest thing to do but you must.
The way to be honest with your wife is to be honest with yourself, and accept the fact that you are, at the very least bi-sexual. From that acceptance you can build on the honesty with your partner. I do not advise bringing your children into the picture unless they are young adults.
At any rate, HIV will not kill you and you need to develop as much of an understanding of the disease as is possible where you live. Find the nearest HIV/AIDS organization through your local health department and go from there.
I do not want you to think that I am scolding you or anything like that. I just want the best for you.
One of the best ways for you to start being honest is to register on this board and start becoming SOMEBODY.
If you are still petrified please contact my e-mail as follows:
nattanv@theriver.com

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#87802 - 02/15/04 03:11 PM

8 weeks is a very good indicator, but you need to be tested again at 12 weeks (3 months) for complete peace of mind. The nurse is right - it is very likely you did not get infected. But once you get tested again at 12 weeks, move on and enjoy life. I will check this board again in 4 weeks time looking for your test results but I already know you will be fine.

A friend

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Can someone help? easy my mind sweetpea new
      #87809 - 02/15/04 04:50 PM

Its me again. I feel bette today. Wife, kids and myself went sking over the weekend. Had a long talk. I am still worred to death but tried my best to keep my mind off of the fact. I think i will make another test for this week. I think you might be right sweetpea. and it was a cold. and me overreating. I have a over whelmed with guilt. The ride home today the wife said her neck a throat was getting sore.
As far as my lympth nodes in my arm pits I just keep pressing up into my arm pit till i felt the node or what i think it is it. That why the dr said i should leave them alone. He say they are inflammed not by cold but me pressing to hard and messing with them.

Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
      #88497 - 02/16/04 10:36 AM

Hi Anon;
One of the three postings yesterday was pure CRAP. Guess which one.
Love Ya.

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2416

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3