Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
HELPME!!
Unregistered

Extremely Tormented Part 2
      #87019 - 02/12/04 09:16 AM

I was the one who has frottage (penis rubbing against vagina.. quite vigorously and quite close to the HOT-SPOT..) about 2 and a half months ago.. and protected vag/ora sex 5 and a half months ago.. and some mutual masturbation between 5 and a half months ago and 2 and a half months ago.. abstinence since dec 2nd, 2003......

I tested dec 29th, 2003.. negative elisa hiv1/2..

I got sick jan 1st, 2004: hot flashes/chills, no fever, dizziness, lightheadedness, neck muscle pains, one swollen lymph node under angle of jaw, two night sweats, and some cold sweats during the day (these symptoms occurred relatively together).. and then a few days later.. while still having the dizziness/lightheadedness, I got a sore throat (pharynx area-top part of mouth near back where the nasal passage connects to the throat). This was then accompanied with bright yellow postnasal drip and some ulcers developed in mouth between gums and under and behind lips w/ some sore taste buds in one area of tongue w/ some oral desquamation (which didn't resemble thrush.. but dead skin peeling off in mouth). The a day later.. my nose was clogged for a couple of more days and sneezing was pretty common. The lymph node shrunk a few days later, but not quite to the original size (I can't feel the same lymph node under the angle of the jaw on the other side) and the other symptoms went away..... but.. the dizziness/lightheadedness never went away..I still get random chills and hot flashes on certain days.. and my nose is congested on and off on certain days.. and I get jaw pain randomly (but then again I am always pressing the side of my face and stretching my jaw and pressing my jaw to see if there is any pain.. maybe I strained a muscle from doing this so often)..

This is now 42 days since I got my (headache + lightheadedness/dizziness) which triggered the rest of the symptoms. I find that if I hold my nose and blow.. it clears my ears and the dizziness isn't so bad.. (When I press right behind my ear near the bone.. it is slightly painful).. but today it isn't as bad.. and seems to be getting better. I still feel that I get random lymph node pains and such but it may be psychological? and finally, that lymph node is still not entirely gone.. It is still palpable, but much smaller now. I saw a doctor and which he told me not to worry and that my ear was slightly red and that it is probably a ear infection running its course. He gave me biaxin, but told me it probably will not have much effect since it is viral.

Are these symptoms of ARS? I am still deathly afraid.. my consellor told me not to test until march 3rd. 04 to ensure that this will be a 3 month test since my last possible low risk? encounter (frottage/mutual masturbation).. and that this test should quell all worries. I've been in abstinence now for 2 1/2 months.. 2 weeks to go... EXTREMELY TORMENTED!!

What are my odds? late sero? extended sero?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sweetpea9919
Master

Reged: 10/22/03
Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Extremely Tormented Part 2 new
      #87053 - 02/12/04 06:25 PM

Hun, I think you're fine. Don't forget, this has been a pretty nasty winter for colds and the flu. I think you're worrying for nothing. Wait another 2 weeks, re-test, and then CHILL.

Is the person even HIV positive? Have you asked her? Or are you just scared? If she's not HIV positive, then you don't have it, either.

I think it's 99% psychlogical. And don't forget that stress and anxiety affect your health, too.

Take a DEEP BREATH.... HOLD IT... NOW LET IT OUT S-L-O-W-L-Y. Do this every time you start to think about HIV. Get tested in 2 weeks and then get on with your life.

--------------------
Erika
Married; 31 years old
HIV+ 10 years... and counting

Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
Re: Extremely Tormented Part 2 new
      #88498 - 02/16/04 10:41 AM

[quote]CAUCASIAN TEEN 'AIDS' CASES (entire USA) BETWEEN July 1983 and December 2001 = 1211 (male and female).
Source: - CDC

TWELVE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN in nearly 18 years or a mere 67 cases a year.

JUST OVER ONE CAUCASIAN TEEN 'AIDS' CASE PER U.S. STATE A YEAR.

HARDLY AN 'EPIDEMIC!
That figure of 1.28 cases per State is lower than gun shotdeaths in the Mac Arthur Park area of Los Angeles in a single month.

Check for yourself (don't take our word for it) at: - http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/hasr1302/table7.htm

IN CONTRAST

In the same period people over 60 (caucasian) had 9,338 cases.

Those old folks must be sex mad - Nine times MORE sex than teenagers.

....or could it just be that 'AIDS' is not an std? Surely not? God forbid! Perish the thought! [/quote]

Hey Tormented, skip this post alltogether!

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1162

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3