Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for teaching us!
      #86930 - 02/11/04 07:37 AM

Hi, I am a girl of 26 years old that is reading almost everyday your posts. Few months ago I was pretty scared, But finally I tested negative. Reading your post and comments helps me a lot to keep the calm waiting for the results. Eventhough , this experience have made that I get interested in this disease, and I learn more about it. I thougt in the past if a people was possitive it would be the end of its life, but I see I was totaly wrong. I am really surprise with the people that is around here, giving advise and treating each other like family. It is really really nice, that you people ( like Erika, Jazz, and the others ), has such great personality !!..
You face the life with a lot of optimist, and I admire that . A lot of negative people don't live like that, and the job you do in this site it;s very encouraging. It's really helps to change the point of view of many people that may though in the past that people living with HIV is different to us, or scary , or these tabus that many people have. Definitely, you are better than us, because we worry a lot of times for stupid things... and you guys , really know how to live doing your best, and helping people.
This site is a great help for everyone.!!! Positive and negative people.
I am in Dominican Republic ( even in this country it is a 2% of people with HIV, I don't know any so far ), and I'm very glad to see you working here and being active. You are very open mind, and you are not afraid of talking about anything ( I think a lot of people here that maybe has it don;t say anything because of what people think ). Hope this can change here in this country if people start thinking like you.
Very sorry for my bad english!, and even I won't be writing, I'll be reading about all of you!!.
A hug for you from Dominican Republic...
RL

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Parrothead

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Atlantic Beach, FL
Re: Thanks for teaching us! new
      #86933 - 02/11/04 09:35 AM

Awwwww... That is SOOOO sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 889

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3