Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Home Access, negative at 2 months
      #8614 - 08/19/00 12:20 AM

Hi everyone,

I just got my 2 months result from Home Access, it's NEGATIVE! I know it's not conclusive, but I can at least breath a little easier now.

I actually talked to a counselor after I get the result (can't trust the computer) and have him verified it. He said negative at 2 months is an extremely good sign, but of course, I should get retested at 6 months. I asked if they have any statistics about the effectiveness of the test at 2 months, I told him I think it's at least 50%, he said it's actually higher than that, but did not elaborate. He also said at 3 months it would be 99.99% effective. I wasn't sure I heard it right, because moments ago he just told me I should take it again at 6 months.

I am still not totally at ease now. But I am a lot relieved. I just want to tell everybody that you have helped me a lot. And I hope everybody will be negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: Home Access, negative at 2 months new
      #8618 - 08/19/00 07:51 AM

Excellent news for you. I'm sure you are fine. I hope this will help you enjoy your weekend. Good luck to you.

essy
Unregistered

#8622 - 08/19/00 08:14 AM

I would be really reassured by your 2 month result. Get tested at 3 months to ease your mind but this really is a good sign.
All the best

essy

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8642 - 08/19/00 03:45 PM

Hi essy,

Even if I'm still not conclusively cleared, I felt exactly the same (need a while to get rid of the anxiety) and I'm in the same situation (need to catch up on work) as you said in another post. But I don't mind having to go to work at all now. :) All the best to you.

And thanks to Gary too.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1528

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3