Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

BANDS ON GUMS
      #8540 - 08/17/00 11:10 PM

I NEED HELP I HAVE SOME BANDS ON MY GUMLINES IN A FEW PLACES THAT ARE PINKISH MAYBE RED I CANT TELL. COULD THIS HIV I HAVE HAD 2 TEST AFTER 4 YRS OF LAST EXPOSURE BOTH NEG I FEEL GREAT OTHERWISE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INPUT. SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT HIV INFECTION STILL AFTER THE 2 TESTS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
essy
Unregistered

Re: BANDS ON GUMS new
      #8562 - 08/18/00 08:40 AM

Relax, you are negative, your tests show this. Gum problems are quite common, are they sore or bleeding when brushing?
Whatever, the problem is NOT HIV-related. Go and see a dentist if you are concerned.

Best wishes

Essy

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: BANDS ON GUMS new
      #8571 - 08/18/00 09:09 AM

I apologize, but sometimes I wonder if people are posting a serious concern here or not. When I see someting like testing negative after an exposure that occured 4 years ago, I sometimes assume it is not a real concern.

Anyway, assuming that this is a valid request for input, you have nothing to worry about. HIV tests are accurate and conclusive at 12 weeks, or for the ultra conservative folks who want the extra .2% confidence factor, 6 months. There just isnt any way you would have hiv symptoms after 4 years.

Rest easy and forget hiv. I'm sorry if I sound(ed) skeptical, but some people do come on here and post absurd situations, which I think is sad, and makes a mockery of a very serious issue. All the best to you and have a great day.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1428

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3