Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mental case
Unregistered

sound familiar
      #8484 - 08/16/00 07:43 PM

hey guys look what i found: I've heard of gay men practicing a term called docking, which is grinding two penis's together. With a hetrosexual version of this, is to grind the penis against the vigina without having intercourse. I've recently done this with a high risk women, but I did not do it for a long period of time, maybe one minute. Should I be concerned?

Mr. Sowadsky's Response:

Thank you for your question:

"Grinding" involves direct genital-to-genital contact (or direct genital-to-anal contact) without penetration. This can involve direct penis-to-penis contact, penis-to-anus contact, or penis-to-vagina contact. This activity is normally low risk for HIV, since this would not be an efficient transmission of the virus. Realistically speaking, it would be unlikely that you would be infected with HIV from this activity. However, several other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be transmitted through genital or anal grinding, including (but not limited to) herpes, genital/anal warts, and syphilis (especially if your partner is having symptoms of these diseases). So although grinding is low risk for HIV, there is a potential risk for other STDs

NOW HOW COME I STILL DON'T FEEL BETTER!
you read my post this morning,well my day went much better while i said a few prayers in the bathroom i did not break down and cry and wasn't to bad until i got home, you see my shoulder and collar bone hurt all day coupled with the fact that i saw something strange on my tongue this morning so anyway the minute i get home i check my throat and it has a big irritation inside BOOM that sends the temp up to 99.3
and i start to panic again.i'm sorry to put you guys through this. anyway i started reading some posts and stumbled across mr kull's response.well my temps down to 98.9 is this a temperature? i doubt it.
what i am stressing about is when to take the test.
test at six weeks knowing i will need another test if it comes back negative but i would be relived a bit because of stats and since i think i've had all these symptoms i would probably have converted by now or by chance it comes back positive then the last threads of hope i had would be gone
and while i would not do anything drastic i would be devastated.
i really am not trying to spoil all the happiness that has come since gary's announcement but these friggin pains i keep having keep me thinking. hey! my temp is down to 98.7
(maybe there is hope for me).
gary, i think i am going to take you up on you offer i just have to work out the particulars(as long as you can take it)
essy, how you doing today ? you seem in a much better mood!
jam, whats going on?
i'll get back to you guys in a little while.
MC
BY THE WAY THAT WAS NOT THE POST I MADE TO MR.KULL :0)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: sound familiar new
      #8487 - 08/16/00 10:06 PM

MC-
You should listen to the good doc's response. If you look up the symptoms of syphilis, you will find they overlap with hiv quite a bit, especially the cervical pain, stiff neck, etc etc.

Anyway, my offer to talk is there. However you are comfortable with it. I'm a genuine nice guy and respect your privacy, but do what you need to do and we can chat.
Gary

MENTAL CASE
Unregistered

Re: GARY new
      #8491 - 08/16/00 10:29 PM

WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE SYPHILLIS AS IF I DON'T WORRY ENOUGH NOW YOU GIVE ME A NEW STD(like the gonnorea wasnt enough)

just kidding mc
and as far as the particulars for the other i just don't want everyone calling me or you all nite.
and by the way keep helping don't let that other person bother you if he has "better info " then it should benefit us allfor him to share it and not just break it out when he feels like rubbing someones nose in it.
MC

GaryNPA
Guru

Reged: 08/01/00
Re: GARY new
      #8493 - 08/16/00 10:35 PM

If you want to talk live, send me a private message. YOu might have to register a name with the site, but it's harmless.

Diverting your focus from hiv anyway I can is my goal. YOu dont have hiv. you know you had an STD. Several other std's have overlapping symptoms with hiv. That was the only purpose in my comment.!

mental case
Unregistered

Re: HEY GARY new
      #8497 - 08/16/00 11:22 PM

i know what you meant.
i am going to register tom. and we will hook up.
i really am getting a soar throat now and it is all red etc
and i unlike you were i am still reluctant to go see a DR.
i just don't want this out on my insurance yet. i even paid cash for all the dr and the meds on the std.
this sucks i can't even tell if when i feel more comfortable with my situation if its because i believe in the stats or if its because i have myself convinced i have it, i have yet to picture the dr/test coming back with good newsand this is part of the reason i haven't taken a test yet, i really need to find some counciling on this soon i have some numbers the hotline gave me i think that may be the only way i can relax a little ,why every little pain sets me off , and even in that i've read they all show up at once not onesy twosy which is what seems to be going on with me granted my throat has bothered me for a month now but it was only a tickle now its something else.
well time to try to sleep.
good nite my friend...........MC

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1866

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3