Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
BeauWildman
Unregistered

Scared by delayed test results!
      #83708 - 01/29/04 11:14 PM

On January 8, I had an anonymous HIV test done at a aids network office. The test results were supposed to be back after two weeks, and are normally only available on Thursdays. Today was week three and they are still not back. The staff keeps telling me that I should not infer anything about the results since they are delayed, however I'm scared out of my mind that they are just trying to hide something from me. They keep telling me that I can call ahead to see if results are available on non-standard days (i.e. days other than thursday) and I can make an appointment to pick up the results. The problem is that I can not miss work during these other days and can only pick up my results in a week. I'm so scared. I feel like they are hiding my results until I can come in during another time when no other people are around. Does anyone know if there is a standard protocol these centers have ot follow for giving positive results? Or am I just being too sensitive?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Scared by delayed test results! new
      #83739 - 01/30/04 10:22 AM

Are you the presedent of the United States or some one important they would do this perpously to?
The agency has no agenda against you. There may have ben issues with getting the sample to the lab, issues at the lab, or issues in there system that caused the results to be delayed. don't worry if your results were positive they would be doing all they could to make sure you got your results.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#83742 - 01/30/04 12:17 PM

calm down....now think about it...if your test WAS to be postive, do you think they'd wait another week to do the confirmation test? No....they'd do it immediately. Clinics get backed up sometimes....calm down....

Parrothead
Fanatic

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Atlantic Beach, FL
      #83743 - 01/30/04 12:52 PM

Yea, calm down. I was tested on the 16th and i went back for my results on the 27th and they hadn't come back from the lab yet. Relax, I know it's scary because I'm scared too, but I'm sure they wouldn't be purposely stringing you along. I have to wait til the 5th to get my results now. It's a bummer but you'll feel better when they tell you it's negative. =)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#84037 - 01/30/04 10:05 PM

they are not hiding anything - drs like to cover their asses!.
if you had tested poz they would have told you right away. they would have done the test 2 times in a row and then called you to tell you about it because you then would need to go have a western blott or at least they would tell you that they needed to send that same sample to be tested via a western blott test.
how about the place you went to is just inefficient?
stay clam

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1863

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3