Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

little red dots
      #8305 - 08/12/00 03:42 AM

Anyone here know what these tiny red dots are on both my thighs? They aren't raised. I don't think they are folliculitis. I had a possible exposure to HIV 6 months ago. I had a negative antibody test at 5 1/2 months. These dots are really annoying me. They have been there for about 4 months already. Should I see a doctor? I remember having body aches for a couple weeks when I was worried about HIV. It was so irritating. But they are gone now. If anyone experienced these tiny red dots before, please let me know. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JAM
Unregistered

Re: little red dots new
      #8307 - 08/12/00 07:26 AM

If you had a possible exposure and a test at 51/2 months you have nothing to worry about, regardless of whether you have little red dots or anything. I am in Europe (Germany) where a three month test is conclusive. Remember, they use the same tests as in the United States. Furthermore, I have never heard of little read dots on the thighs being a symptom. The only thing I have heard of about is a rash on the chest area. This is sometimes reported but not classified as a symptom. There is no such thing as an HIV rash. Just accept the fact that you are negative and get on with your life. I don't know why you have little red dots, but they are not a result of your exposure where you tested negative 5 1/2 months later. Now, go see a doctor and see what the real cause of your skin being irritated is.

Congratulations on your negative test!!!!

JAM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8309 - 08/12/00 09:19 AM

I agree!! Red dots on your thighs mean nothing!!! But it IS summer time!! Are you active outside?? Walking, running, what have you?? It could be simple chaffing from everyday moving around!! Relax!! You're in the clear!! :D

essy
Unregistered

#8310 - 08/12/00 09:34 AM

Yep, I agree with the others, clear clear clear!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8321 - 08/12/00 02:58 PM

The spots may well be petechiae, which is when blood vessels burst under the skin for no apparent reason. I would not worry at all, if the spots are the kind that come up and go away within a couple days to a week, then it is petechiae, which is not a concern unless your platelet count is abnormal . . . . if the spots have been there awhile, then it is not petechiae and is not related to HIV whatsoever.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8331 - 08/12/00 10:46 PM

I would like to address a couple of things I see a lot of people saying about the test times. I don't know how people can say 3 months is conclusive. It is not about how good the tests are, but rather how long it takes to develope anitbodies. If someone has multiple infections, it is very possible to seroconvert well outside of that time frame. Often times when someone contracts Hep c and hiv for example, the time is anywhere between 6 months to 1 year. Read some journals that talk about coinfection with hepatitis. Also, some stds, such as syphilis, will change the window period as well. I think it is crazy to tell people that they are ok just because it has been x number of months. Instead, one should look at what is going on with them and decide if it is possible to have delayed antibody production. If so, take a pcr dna test to look for the virus itself.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4056

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3