Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
mental case
Unregistered

can't stop thinking
      #8010 - 08/06/00 12:43 AM

i STILL cant stop thinking i have hiv and how stupid i was. i finally finished off the doxycycline for whatever std i had since the dr. didnt bother testing the discharge and treated me for everything, though he did say it looked like gonnorea. my jaw still gets tight and i still can't stop trying to see if my lymph nodes are swollen. is this possibly why my jaw feels like it does? my throat still has that tickle like right before you vomit. when will i get over this i'm going out of my mind? since the std he thinks i had shows up in 2-10 days and i was on the meds for a week, at most i'm only 2 to 3 weeks into this hell.
I'M SO SCARED

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Waiting for test
Unregistered

Re: can't stop thinking new
      #8011 - 08/06/00 01:58 AM

the only advice i can offer is to wait till about three month before you test. I foolishly tested at 7 weeks got a negative result, then found out that it did not really mean that much because of the windows period. taking the test is no problem they just take blood but waiting and recieving the results is murder. So wait till at least three months i know its hard. but at 3months if you get a neg its about 90-95% correct better than most odds in medicine, and if you can get a hold of a third generation elisa they say its conclusive, meaning no more test necesarry. As, for how to spend between now and then be creative, spend time with your family or friends for moral support. I going for my test on wednesday 9, third generation elisa, still contemplating wheter to also do a PCR? but i shoudl get the result withing two days, being on west coat with many of the lab has its perks. wish me good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: can't stop thinking new
      #8021 - 08/06/00 11:53 AM

Hey Buddy,

You need to CALM DOWN and quit thinking every little symtom is HIV. My suggestion is to do some research. In worst case scenario, you got some of her vaginal fluids on on your penis. I have read from this board that a one time sexual encounter where a man and a women have vaginal sex poses a risk of about 3/10000 to 9/10000 for a man, let's say 1 out of a thousand for the highest statistic. If you would like, I will send you the link to the info.

I have been there, done that, and been in your shoes. I convinced myself that I ruined my life. I even started to feel like I was keeping a hidden secret from everyone, I actually convinced myself that I was infected. I even started to feel more fragile. For me the worst part was trying to go to work and act normal, joke around, etc. Mentally, I wouldn't allow myself to have any fun. I kept thinking my normal happy life was going to end when I received my test. But, it didn't. everything was okay! I tested negative now I am happy. AND, I will never go near a sex worker again. It just isn't worth it! The absolute majority of it being mental.

Based on what you told me, I don't think you have too much to worry about. But, the only way to know 100% percent sure is to get tested. When you get your negative test at three months, give me a hollar and we'll celebrate.

In the meantime, maybe you should track this women down and see if she is infected.

JAM

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1525

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3