Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous123
Unregistered

Single incident of unprotected oral sex
      #7957 - 08/03/00 10:51 PM

Recently, I was the receiver of unprotected oral sex. It was at an adult book store (I was drunk and lonely at the time, not an excuse). I don't know the person. Now I'm very scared about possibly contracting HIV. I'm waiting the desired 3 month period before I can be tested. However, I would like to know how much I am at risk. 5%? 10%? 1%? This is the only incident in my life where I didn't have protected sex. In fact, it is the only time I didn't have sex with the one partner in my life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Single incident of unprotected oral sex new
      #7967 - 08/04/00 12:18 PM

I take it you were receiving (the receiver). If I understand this correctly, the other person was using their mouth to perform oral sex on you. If this is the case, you have nothing to worry about. Exposing yourself to someone's saliva does not pose a risk for contraction of the virus.

BDG
Unregistered

#7972 - 08/04/00 02:21 PM

Using the term "receiver" makes it pretty hard to tell exactly what you're talking about. A lot of people use the term when oral sex is performed on them. But a lot of people also use the term "receptive partner" which is generally the person performing the oral sex.

If you were having oral sex performed on you, then you are basically at no risk. Not worth testing for.

If you performed unprotected oral sex on a person only once, you are at some risk, but I still think it's pretty low. But it's probably significant enough to be tested for. As for percentages, you're overall chance (statistically speaking) would be much less that 1%. Even unprotected intercourse generally carries a statistical risk of less that 1% per act. But these numbers don't really mean anything, because you could still be that unlucky person that gets infected the first time out.

Hope that answered your question, and I hope you fit into the first category!

Anonymous123
Unregistered

#8034 - 08/06/00 11:19 PM

By receiver, I meant that I was having oral sex performed on me (other person using mouth). I know this isn't necessarily the right place to ask, but what are the risks for other STDs?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2979

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3