Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
wxkid23

Reged: 08/03/00
Question and Story
      #7936 - 08/03/00 03:45 AM

Hello All,

Im 14..And its great to see all the support on this website/message board for this terrible disease.

Well first off my story started back in Nov last year...I went out to a movie with my friend and a couple girls...going into this...I expected to probley kiss and make out..but didnt plan to do anything more than that,Nor did I want to.And yeah...We kissed for probley 45min to an hour...towards the end of it...I felt her up..and she pretty much forced be to rub her through the jeans...down in the vaginal area...And Felt some wetness get on my hand...And I think I stuck my finger in my mouth for a coupel seconds after I did that...which I would of probley got some of that in my mouth..And I also at the time had some slight gum disease..and my gums would bleed when I brushed..Now I know this is low-risk...and she had only kissed another guy once for like 10sec..and never had sex or anything.Now I know im young...But I feel good that this did happen cause it actually kind of scared me.and It made me re-think about all this stuff..And MAkes me now know where I have my whole life to do stuff like that,And for now I really should just enjoy stuff like kissing and just enjoy teenhood...and thats definently what ill be doing =)..

About 3 weeks after this...I came down with a very severe sickness...it lasted about 4-5 days...I had a Very high fever the whole time of about 104.5...and Also had a Spotty rash accross my chest and back at the same time which lasted about 2 days at the end of the sickness.Once the rash went away My fever went away also.I also had terrible fatige and joint pains.I went to the docter and was tested for mono and it was Neg. And he said it was probley a sickness like he sees usually in much younger children..and I did some research on this sickness and its almost always seen in kids under 5...I forget the name though. And having a sickness just exactly like ARS 3 weeks after the exposure is what keeps me very concered.

I had a test months back...I had it in Febuary..and the results on the paper were from Feb 16th..and It was a Elisa Test done at the local health clinic here..though I dont know what version of Elisa..it was done at the Major Health Clinic here.And It would have been taken 83-84 days after the exposure....I have been told this would be about 95% accurate...and that makes me feel somewhat better..but the timing of that sickness still scares me to death..and Im still very worried im infected and am planning on getting re-tested in about a month which will be like 9 months after the exposure..my parents think im crazy.But Im scaring myself here...Whats everyones take on this?I hope not everyone thinks im some stupid boy thats havin sex at 14...Cause believe me Most kids my age now days have done alot more than me...its terrible what kids are learning so young these days..im glad ive learned my lesson!

how accurate would a test at 83 days be?Should I stop worrying?Please answer all these questions...Thanks alot everyone and good luck to everyone out there!I have done so much research into this disesae...I plan on donating to it in the future..and possibly even doing more with it in the future...We May not find a cure...But I think we can make this disease very livable like Diabetas...Keep faith!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Question and Story new
      #7946 - 08/03/00 04:01 PM

Yeah, I'd stop worrying! You're A-OK!! Trust me, your mind can play tricks on you, which is what I think is going on here. Keep this in mind: It's very hard for guys to contract the disease from women. Not to say it doesn't or hasn't happened, but it's extremely rare. Especially in the way you were talking about. I'd just believe the results of the test and move on. You're too young to worry so much about this. Just enjoy your life, BE CAREFUL what you do and who you do it with, and be happy! Take care!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Question and Story new
      #7966 - 08/04/00 09:28 AM

The vast majority of people here had tested or will test negative. Most of them had phantom symptoms. It is your mind which plays with you cruel game. Your risk was very close to zero. Third generation test is conclusive. Get tested for the last time and forget it once and forever. YOU ARE CLEAR, just remember the lesson as we all will. Sorry for my language English is not my native one. God bless you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1414

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3