Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

I"m going crazy
      #7916 - 08/02/00 03:12 PM

Aright, well I just got married to a wonderful man and the question that I feared came up the other day, "how many people have you slept with?" I didn't want to answer this question, but I did...."10" I answered. 10, 10 people just thinking that still shocks me! About 2 years ago I slept with my best friend and he so kindly gave me an STD, clymida, (sp). I was tested for aids and the test came back as negitive...which I was very happy about and right there in that room I told myself that I would never have sex again, but I did...a couple more times. Now that I'm married that fear of having HIV/AIDS is so consuming me. I want to have children and what if I can't? I'm really scared to get retested, but I know that I have to. It's really scarry to look back and think of all the times I was risking my life and it was like I didn't even care. I'm older now and my life has really changed, but I'm just scared that I might be infected...and what if I infected the man I love?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I"m going crazy new
      #7921 - 08/02/00 05:34 PM

Well, from what I've learned from this board, it is rather difficult for males to get infected by females. Not impossible mind you. Just hard. There are many factors that come into play such as cuts, lesions, scrapes, etc. on the penis. I hate to say this, but if you fear you're at risk, go get checked out. But keep in mind, it is rather difficult to infect a male, if you're female. I hope that helps.

Jumpman
Unregistered

#7922 - 08/02/00 07:34 PM

I was always under the impression that you had to have a blood screen before getting married. Am I wrong here?

Tim
Unregistered

#7928 - 08/02/00 08:50 PM

There is no hiv/aids test needed to get married.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1135

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3