Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Waiting for test
Unregistered

PCR? TO: NOT-Scared or all interested parties
      #7904 - 08/02/00 09:28 AM

Next week is my three month mark 90days. i posted before about my persistent (10weeks) sore throat which i still have to this day. nonethless i have decided to get my test done next friday. My questions is what value at this point do you think having a PCR done? Especially considering i still have this sore throat. Again i have tested neg at 6weeks Elisa 1/2. ALso, test neg for hep a,b,c,and for STDs. What kind of scientific value would taking,this test specially considereing the high cost of taking a pcr test? One last question one of the clinics i plan to test with offers a third generation Elisa, while my standard doctor who i tested with last time offers the ELISA hiv 1/2 (rDNA.) I plan on taking both just to be sure but what are the possible diferrence between 2and 3rd generations if any? THANKS FORYOUR INPUT BDG. IF ANY OTHERS HAVE INPUT OR NEW ARTICLES I WOULD APPRECIATE THEM SINCE I ONLY HAVE A WEEK TO DECIDE IF IAM GOING TO INCLUDE THE PCR IN MY TESTING. I HOPE THIS WILL BE MY LAST BATCH OF TEST ON THIS ISSUE. THANKS.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: PCR? TO: NOT-Scared or all interested parties new
      #7909 - 08/02/00 10:58 AM

ninety days is conclusive (that's the word I wanted to hear!) with a second generation test, says the New York State Dept of Health... So you can rest assured that a PCR is NOT necessary.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1083

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3