Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jjrsle
Unregistered

Should I trust these tests
      #79037 - 12/07/03 07:21 PM

I am a married man who made a stupid decision, under the influence of alcohol, to engage in mutual masterbation with a lady I do not know. In addition to my fingers being saturated with her vaginal fluids, my penis also came in contact with a considerable amount of her saliva. Anyway, I developed a flu like condition approximately six weeks after the sexual contact took place (low fever, swollen lymph nodes, headache). I went to the doctors and got an ELISA done at 52 days past the exposure-negative. The doctor told me the sexual contact that took place was not especially risky for HIV and that we were just testing for a peace of mind. My flu symptoms went away two weeks later and I was left only with my guilt. Anyway, eight months later I developed swollen lymph nodes again (arm pits and inguinal), dizziness, foggy feeling in my head, and extreme fatigue. Immediately I thought HIV. I went and got a test done at Planned Parenthood. It was a oral saliva test called ORASURE- It too was non-reactive, negative at 9+ months since my exposure. I went to the doctor and they did a bunch of other tests EBV, CBC, Lyme disease, HBV, HCV, syphilis, etc. all were negative. Now I have been sick for four straight months with the same symptoms (swollen/painful lymph nodes, extreme fatigue, foggy head, and now diahrea). Since I disagreed with my doctor that two negative tests was enough I went out and purchased a HIV -1 homeaccess test and took that at 10+ months past my exposure-negative. All of these tests were for HIV-1. Should I be worried about HIV 2? There still isn't any found reason for my terrible symptoms. I am scared, tired, frustrated, and depressed because of being sick with out any answers. It just seems to me that my symptoms point to HIV. What do you think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Should I trust these tests new
      #79040 - 12/07/03 07:36 PM

It's not surprising that you tested negative. Fingering and mutual masterbastion, no matter how much fluid involved is not a way HIV is transmitted.

In over 2 decades since HIV first showed up, there has never been a confirmed case of transmission from receiving oral sex. Matter of fact, studies have shown that there is something in Saliva that kills HIV. Which certainly helps with that NO CONFIRMED CASES.

So, lets see....you never even had a risk. You've had 3 negative tests. You aren't infected. It's as simple as that. I know for you, you don't think so, but there are few gray areas in science. HIV 2 is only a concern if your partner is from South Africa.

I hope you and your doctor can soon find the cause for your illness, but at least you can cross HIV off your list.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1094

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3