Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fever, Pls help!
      #7814 - 07/31/00 08:15 AM

Around 5 weeks ago i had a thai massage, this involved a sex worker rubbing her vagina all over my legs ang back plus two strokes on my penis,this will be what some people might describe as grinding, although it was not that rough. I didn't do any intercourse of anything. 3 weeks after that, i developed a low grade fever which lasted only for a day, no urticaria, no rashes, i had some abdominal cramps and a bit of diarhhea. My question is, can ARS present itself that way? Are there any recorded cases of ARS manifesting itself as a one-day fever? Does ARS mean you have to get rashes or possibly no? And how do i know if my lymph nodes are swollen? Do they have to hurt and how big do they get? I've tried to palpate my lymph nodes but i cant find none..... thank you....i really, really appreciate it if anybody can help me, this has been driving me nuts....and i don't think i can wait for 3 months without going nuts! Thanks again!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anxiety Stricken
Unregistered

Re: Fever, Pls help! new
      #7815 - 07/31/00 09:15 AM

The best help for you is to stop worrying. I know, believe me I know, how difficult it is to wait the three months. Based on your exposure, it would seem highly-extremely-unbelievably unlikely, if not impossible, to become infected in the scenario that you present.

More importantly, DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR SYMPTOMS AND DIAGNOSE YOURSELF WITH HIV!!!! It is on the other hand very likely that the stress and anxiety that you are experiencing has and will continue to cause symptoms that convince you that you have ARS. ARS has symptoms which are the same as any other, and much more common, sickness.

I had a very similar story where a massage went a little farther than originally intended. I had brief (1-2 second) unprotected vaginal insertion with a professional woman. I immediately ended the encounter. The ensuing weeks I saw the following symptoms: night sweats, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, low fever, diarrhea, very swollen nodes in my groin and blotches on my face. I thought to myself "my god, I have it". Well, I got tested at 5 weeks and it was negative. I tested negative again after 3 months, and I am done testing. I am over it. You too will be over it at the end of 3 months, although I truly believe that your risk was so minute that you have nothing to worry about.

Here's a tip, if you are that worried go get tested at 6 weeks. It will be negative, and will calm your stress down until you hit the three months. Don't dwell on symptoms, it will kill you. Good luck.

BDG
Unregistered

#7832 - 07/31/00 12:36 PM

I agree. You really are at low risk. I'm sure others have told you that too.

You'll have to find the strength to make it to 3 months and then get tested. I think you have to get tested to get rid of this fear.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7871 - 08/01/00 09:50 AM

BDG, Anxiety stricken, thank you, thank you so much for the info, really appreciate it.... you guys are rite... i am probably stressing myself too much that's why i think i am having the symptoms... thanks guys!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1505

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3