Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rash
      #7699 - 07/27/00 12:20 PM

Hi Folks, I am a tad concerned about an isolated rash on my stomach that occurred around two to four weeks after a possible exposure. I was in an intimate situation in which this guy's penis slipped in for about a minute. I excused myself and went to the bathroom and washed myself thoroughly. I have read some of the posts on here and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the situation. This rash like I said was only on one spot on my stomach, was bright red, and went away after I put some cortisone cream on it. I had also been diagnosed with HPV prior to this encounter, and wondered what chances there were for infection, given the HPV status, due to this encounter. I am unsure whether or not this guy had any precum on his penis, but the possibility of infection is starting to weigh heavy on my mind. Thank you :)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cougar
Unregistered

Re: Rash new
      #7705 - 07/27/00 01:26 PM

The only way to truly know is to get tested, but the risk of contracting hiv after one encounter is minimal. As far as the rash, my doctor (who deals with HIV as a practice) said the rash would resemble a sunburn and usually covers the upper part of the body.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7708 - 07/27/00 02:03 PM

Bless your heart! Thank you for your reply!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7715 - 07/27/00 04:26 PM

rash would not be isolated to one area, it is a trancient rash and will appear on face and trunk area most.. sounds like your are fine

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2664

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3