Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Small bump
      #7643 - 07/26/00 03:16 AM

Hi!

Today I just noticed I have a small bump, and I hate to say this, right at the top of the crack of my butt! It's small and almost looks like a mosquito bite, but doesn't itch. It almost feels like a zit. Maybe it's just a zit?? But I've never had one appear there. Is this a sign of AIDS?? Please help, because I'm really scared!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Small bump new
      #7645 - 07/26/00 04:27 AM

Hey!

I forgot to add this. As you know, it's summertime!! And to put it bluntly, when it's hot out there, you sweat! And your butt is prone to sweating most grievously! You guys should know what I'm talking about!! I think this might have something to do with it!! Plus, my roommate was just gracious enough to inform me that he JUST got over the same thing!! So, could it be a zit formed by a sweaty bum or being infected with hiv?? I am trying to stay in good humor, but I'm still nervous/worried!! Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

BDG
Unregistered

#7659 - 07/26/00 01:33 PM

I have no idea what you risk levels are, but I can tell you that I wouldn't worry about a little bump on your butt. It's not a sign of AIDS.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7663 - 07/26/00 03:46 PM

Hey BDG,

My risk was unprotected vaginal intercourse that lasted around a minute. The girl was a friend and I had no reason to believe she had anything. It happened about 6 years ago and I've never had symptoms.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7665 - 07/26/00 03:56 PM

Are you serious. Give yourself a break, 6 years ago, no symptoms, a pimple on your butt. Most people here if not all have nothing to worry about. if you listen you would think hiv is an airborne virus. Relax and move on. I bet most people who have symptoms they think are related to hiv when they forget about them for a bit and aren't thinking about it, are busy with other things, when they look back relize they feel fine then as soon as you start thinking about hiv the symptoms return. It's called stress and it can be very powerful

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7709 - 07/27/00 02:28 PM

Ok--Dear Sir, I would almost bet that you have what is called a pilonidal cyst. I know b/c I have had them before. They can be caused by a blocked duct, or from sitting too much, or from your skin not getting enough air during vigorous exercise, etc. My doctor told me that truck drivers are very prone to them. However, I am not a truck driver lol. Go to your doctor and mention that to them. You want to get it looked @ b/c it is possible, if it is a pilonidal cyst, that if it is let go, it could grow larger. It is nothing to do with cancer OR HIV as far as I know, so don't get freaked out. It is just one of life's little annoyances for some people. Your doc can prescribe an antibiotic to clear it up if he/she so chooses. Hope this alleviates your worries somewhat. Take Care :)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2063

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3